When did you start on P-net (now P-com)

@stevet said:
Mostly in pnet days when solo canoes were still a common topic. Sold a few boats here, too.

Use to be great canoeists and canoe discussions here. Not so much now :confused:

@eckilson said:
Not much to read today, so I was looking back at old posts. Somehow I found a discussion that I commented on in 2010 on carving circles.

Anyone else interested in reminiscing? When did you start on P-net?

Well - - haven’t been around much lately, and I’m not sure I like this board arrangement now, but it appears I was pretty active about 2007

Earliest post I could find was from 2004, but was probably earlier. I’d hate to count up all the hours spent reading and writing posts over the years but kayaking is my passion so it’s been an enjoyable madness. If anything I contributed helped even one person along the way, it was worth it!
Greg

@gstamer said:
Earliest post I could find was from 2004, but was probably earlier. I’d hate to count up all the hours spent reading and writing posts over the years but kayaking is my passion so it’s been an enjoyable madness. If anything I contributed helped even one person along the way, it was worth it!
Greg

I started around 2002. Greg, you were already here then.

sing

I have no Idea when I started…had a computer glitch a few years ago and had to change my posting name from Fadedred {everything I seemed to own back then was red …and faded from PFD to kayaks to sunburn} Now whenever I try to log in as FadedRed the sys has issues with me.

I can find a 2005 post under my original name. I think I was first on in 2004 though.
I used to subscribe to paddling perks. Still got most of the tshirts. and .net stickers.
I sold a kayak through the website.
I know some folks who post. Greg and Roy. Hi boys long time no see.
I was paddling my Arctic Hawk once at PRNL Chapel Beach and there was a lot of
beach goers, I was checking out the crowd and this guy starts hollering “pnet guy, pnet guy”
He had seen posts I made on pnet and recognized the craft.
Paddling still a passion for me since my first yak int 1998.
Khats circa. 2004
Jeff

… bout 7 days ago.

My-oh-my! What a paddle down Memory Creek! I began posting shortly after an impulse buy of a Swifty from REI for $299–and that included the paddle! That was either 1999 or 2000. I had so many lovely adventures in that little kayak. Our first group “Rendezvous” was on the Edisto River in South Carolina. A few months after that, our first official Current River Fall Rendezvous occurred. After the Swifty, I bought a Wenonah Sandpiper canoe, which is still my ride. The darling little Swifty was “donated” to my brother’s camp house, where it continues to provide adventures for my nephew, my nieces, and their children. My life was forever changed by Paddling.Net, now Paddling.Com. I found my People here. It’s been a while since I paddled, but hope to get back on the water. Life sort of got in the way, but that’s the way of things. I often think about the friends I made here. You are never far from my thoughts, and are always in my heart. Believe it or not, but it has been over 9 years since UglyOkie proposed to the TexasLady on the Current River during the Spring Rendezvous, and got hitched the next day in Eminence. I have so many wonderful memories. I don’t drop in here often, but this thread reminds me that maybe I should!

Jill aka TexasLady

1 Like

Hi Jill! Good to hear from you. We all have made some great memories in the past almost 20 years!

Good to hear from you TexasLady!

Ditto, also nice to hear from you Jill!

Wow - what a great story!

2006/2007(not really sure with age catching up with me) Did a couple years “lurking” also prior to that. Don’t check-in here all that often anymore–But I do come back from the spirit world to “paddle on”(as Scupper Frank would say) special occasions like Halloween >:)

@texaslady said:
My-oh-my! What a paddle down Memory Creek! I began posting shortly after an impulse buy of a Swifty from REI for $299–and that included the paddle! That was either 1999 or 2000. I had so many lovely adventures in that little kayak. Our first group “Rendezvous” was on the Edisto River in South Carolina. A few months after that, our first official Current River Fall Rendezvous occurred. After the Swifty, I bought a Wenonah Sandpiper canoe, which is still my ride. The darling little Swifty was “donated” to my brother’s camp house, where it continues to provide adventures for my nephew, my nieces, and their children. My life was forever changed by Paddling.Net, now Paddling.Com. I found my People here. It’s been a while since I paddled, but hope to get back on the water. Life sort of got in the way, but that’s the way of things. I often think about the friends I made here. You are never far from my thoughts, and are always in my heart. Believe it or not, but it has been over 9 years since UglyOkie proposed to the TexasLady on the Current River during the Spring Rendezvous, and got hitched the next day in Eminence. I have so many wonderful memories. I don’t drop in here often, but this thread reminds me that maybe I should!

Jill aka TexasLady

Sure miss seeing you and that “Uglyokie” on the river; miss your smile and his warped sense of humor (LOL)! Love you two!

Good to hear from you! Thanks for posting. SYOR

Maybe 2006. But I’m only here because Sissy103 alerted me about the Raystown thread. :slight_smile:

Either 2001 or 2002.

I’ve paddled with a few Pnetters: sing, the Crowhursts, mjamja, a GP lesson at Sweetwater that gstamer taught, celia and jim. Never paddled with the Gray Thing Kid even though he was located maybe 90 minutes away.

Seemed like a very different time then, in so many ways. I must be getting really old to think that. :#

Yes, we must be getting more mature. There is seldom a question we haven’t seen before.
There have never been a bunch of us in this area, but I’ve made some friends along the way and paddled with a few.

I began active posting in 2008. I believe I signed up earlier than that, but didn’t begin posting for quite a while because I had the sense that the site was mostly daytripping kayakers, which, although I had done eight years of that, was no longer my primary paddling interest. (And I think that perception was largely true and still is.) I subsequently met and paddled with a number of pnetters and corresponded with several others from time to time.

My posting diminished about a year before the site officially metamorphosed from a butterfly into a caterpillar, because it seemed that a Gresham’s Law was relentlessly taking place: bad/troll posters driving out the good. I dropped away completely within a year of the metamorphosis because I didn’t like the new format, which seemingly had driven away even more posters.

I decided to return last month because I felt an a need for more paddling and paddlers in my life, even purely electronic ones.

We met a lot back in the 2000’s as both Ft. Lauderdale and the Keys had large active clubs, real clubs
Then the Bogie & Bacall races in February brought paddlers, venders and instructors here from all over the East Coast. .