Lately I have been switching paddles during my 2 to 3 hour exercise paddles. For instance, I did an out and back 5 miler with my 88" Novorca GP, took a ten minute break, then repeated it with my Onno wing set at 208. Another day I did it again but in the opposite order. I also bring my 220 Kalliste into the mix. I generally mount my GPS when I do this.
1) I get a very good workout because the second paddle uses different muscles.
2) I get a new feel for the stroke differences by switching. And it improves my stroke with both paddles.
3) I go through a bumpy area with both so the braces are different, and I improve with both.
4) I learn things about each paddle that I did not realize, despite years of use.
5) No trouble at all shifting gears from one to the other.