Camoflauging a kayak

looking for ways to conceal my boat while waterfowl hunting, I have a Pamlico 135T, the boat is red, I am not looking to paint it

thanks

Fill it full of water …
It will look like a U-boat.

If you don’t want to paint it maybe you could cover it with stickers? You can try using duck tape and some kind of weeds, straw, plants, cloth but why bother.

Seriously buy a boat for hunting ducks.

You’ve got to think like a duck.
Hey, we’re safe!

It’s just some goofball in a bright red rec boat!

Pick up some netting or burlap
With the netting you can then use cattails or bull rush or marsh grass and stick it in the net. Or just a roll of burlap that you cover the kayak with.

Pick up some netting or burlap
With the netting you can then use cattails or bull rush or marsh grass and stick it in the net. Or just a roll of burlap that you cover the kayak with.

And they make netting and burlap
in Camo. Not sure about how to get it to stay on without wrapping it around the boat.

Might be able to build a frame out of PVC to support it. Kind of like a tent around your boat.

camo
Glue feathers to it.

I think
Hunters Specialties has what you need

http://www.hunterspec.com/content/camo-leaf-blind

They have other options-

http://www.hunterspec.com/products/Hunting%20Accessories/all/all

They do make boats specifically for
duck hunting, but they can be pricey.

To bad you didn’t go to the estate sale in our neighborhood yesterday. They had one w/seats and sold it for $450.00.These boats are wide and really FLAT on the bottom. I hear, when new they sell for MUCH MORE.

They also had some sewn together, grass like material that would get draped over the boat for duck/geese hunting plus lots of decoys.

NOTE: I sure hope your shotgun doesn’t have much kick to it, when shot, or you’ll be the one in the water.

Ever smell wet burlap ? Besides
I’m not so sure you want to anchor a lot of wet burlap to your boat - could be quite a pain.

LOL
More shotgun-kick comments from someone who’s understanding of recoil comes from watching action movies. You CAN’T get knocked over by the recoil of a shotgun, or even something much larger with a whole lot more kick (that is, if one were to take something like that out in a boat). I could explain exactly why (a lot of people here know I like to deal with details), but for now, suffice it to say that getting knocked over by recoil while sitting in your boat is not even remotely possible.

tape it

– Last Updated: Nov-11-12 10:01 AM EST –

Burlap gets wet and heavy.. drags in the water. Tried it. Didn't like it. I have a green OT loon 138. Also got the hunters specialties camo canvass with the cut-outs like a Gillie suit (sort of). Was OK but snagged on brush and pulled half off once.

It may take quite a few rolls but duck tape comes in camo. If you dont want something permanent. It would be a lot cheaper, to paint the top.
I don't think the hunter's specialties tape will stick to a plastic kayak for a whole season.

You cant really cover up a red boat with a net. Ducks have good eyesight.

After duck season. Is over peel off the duck tape. Oh.. I think gorilla tape has camo that isn't shiny

www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=gorilla-tapecamo

for the cockpit

– Last Updated: Nov-11-12 10:09 AM EST –

You could use that Hunters Spec. Blind material. Cut it out to fit the shape. Then fashion a piece of shock cord around the rim to hold it down. Cut out a "U" shape where you sit. And pull it back to get in. Then lay it over your legs, or torso.

Realgrass, Fastgrass, etc…
I like to attach mine with zip ties to a semi rigid black mesh I got from an erosion control store. It keeps the fastgrass mats from getting too “floppy” or stretching out. I’ve had mats last 15 years of some pretty avid duck hunting.