louisiana

I’ll be in New Orleans the last week of October this year. Was looking for info on kayaking/rental kayaks in the area (within an hour or so of NOLA). Thanks for any info.

I visit and paddle there often, but have
not rented. You should start googling to maximize your chances of locating a source.

Most opportunities are going to be on or around Lake Ponchertrain. In addition to looking at New Orleans sources, there might be some toward the north shore of the lake, such as in Slidell or Mandeville.

Being more of a canoeist than a kayaker, I’ve done Bayou LaFourche/Trepagnier west on I-10, and Cane Bayou on the north shore. The Pearl River system is a good opportunity, and if you can rent a kayak, it may help you with currents on the Pearl.

Tickfaw State Park and Bogue Chitto State Park both have excellent rivers, and rent canoes, but I don’t know about kayaks.

Go here
http://www.bayouhaystackers.com/

links to outfitters is under the Shopping tab

Laissez les bons temps rouler

found it
Thanks for the info. I found places down near Grand Isle, I think I’ll go there.

In New Orleans
Massey’s rents out good kayaks to use where ever. If you want to try the ogre chitto river there are a few outfitters along the river that rent out canoes and kayaks(small low end SOTs). The bogue chitto is nice to paddle but a lot of strainers. Towards grand isle they have bobby Lynn’s in leeville and a few others in grand isle. It all depends of what kind of water you want to paddle.