sprayskirt tunnel issue

Have lost some weight and am in thin summer gear now.So now the tube/tunnel on my snapdragon is to big. It is already size small and is neoprene.Is there a way I can sew smaller and reseal the seam? What would I use to reseal?

Thanks.

Buy another

– Last Updated: Jul-20-13 12:32 PM EST –

Many people own several sizes and types. You might have a neoprene large for winter and a nylon medium for summer. They make XS and XXS. Some designs are velcro.

http://snapdragondesign.com/tube-sizing-index/

Another possibility
Save the skirt as is for use in winter dress, but buy some neoprene fabric, size as desired, and have an outdoor-gear seamstress make you a “top band” that goes over the top half of the skirt. You could have her put in a Velcro flap to allow adjustment of tightness.

I have not found sprayskirt tubes to be 100% watertight around the opening anyway, so this should be good enough of a seal.

CHECK OUT DIVE GEAR WETSUIT REPAIRS
They will have sewing & repair information fo neoprene “fabics”, including appropriate threads, needles, glues, and seaming and stitching techniques.

But I’d tend to agree with prior posters, and go eith a smaller one for summer, or to make an adspter band a littles less expnsively.

Cross sport adaptability and cross-fertilization can, sometimes, be the rick you need to moreceaily -and more “fittingly”,

PADDLE ON!

-Frank in Miami

You can cut vertical slices down the
front of the tunnel, and remove a long, thin wedge of neoprene. Then you can use standard neoprene cement to seam the cut closed. Sewing is not necessary if you can do a careful job.

Note that you need not extend the cut all the way down the tunnel, only as far as needed to tighten it a bit.

But consider this. First, all neoprene shrinks with age, due to loss of nitrogen from the bubbles. Second, a tight tunnel inhibits torso rotation. Third, a summer paddle jacket or drytop will prevent water entry without your having to rely on a tight tunnel for sealing.

I now select all of my sprayskirts with somewhat loose tunnels. Even if I do roll, little water enters. And as I mentioned, I can wear a paddle jacket or drytop if I anticipate having to roll often.

tried a smaller one in chillcheaters
It wasn’t what I had hoped for. That was going to be my summer deck.

So unless I fix this one ,than it looks like I am in the market for yet another new one. Thanks.

Hmmm…
I guess you could try rolling the top edge down to double up the neoprene. That might help. You could also try a velcro strap over it.

tried that
didn’t work. think i might just make smaller.