Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roof Rack for Mitsubishi Mirage?

Neither Yakima or Thule have options available currently. Is this just a matter of time to get the fit kits? Does anyone have a rack on theirs? I imagine I could bend one of the other Yakima clips to fit if need be.

If not, are there other high-quality racks that would do?

I'm thinking Mitsubishi Mirage in the spring/summer (fantastic fuel efficiency . . . though probably much less when carrying a canoe)

Thanks!

Comments

• small engine
    Boy thats a small 3 cylinder engine. Sure great gas mileage but with such a small engine it will most likely have to keep engine rpm up on the highway when you have a kayak on the roof with the added wind drag. Yes it makes a BIG difference with my 2008 Honda Fit. I drop from about 36 mpg to 32 and thats ONLY if I don't use cruise control and just let the car slow down on the hills.If I use cruise control the car keeps its speed (70mph) but at a cost of gas mileage dropping to 28mpg.With no roof rack or kayak on roof the car rarely downshifts on any hills but once a kayak or two are added its a different story. I would be concerned that gas mileage will drop off by a large margin with such a small engine.But if you don't drive highway speeds you would be ok.