Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gearlab paddles

Interested in the Gearlab Greenland style paddle. Anyone have any info on them? Not finding much in the way of reviews.

Comments

• Give us a link, so we can take a look
    at them. There's so many paddle makers that you may not find someone on pnet that's used a particular one, but we know the principles of paddle design and construction.
  • Gearlab paddles
    Here.s the link http//www.store.gearlab.com.tw thanks for any help.
  • One concern I had was ...
    With the push-button ferulle - these usually wobble. However, they seem to have an updated design in their current version that has some sort of a T, which supposedly removes the wobble between the two halves.

There was a recent thread on these paddles here - did you find it?
  • interesting
    I had one of their GPs a few years ago. As a standard button ferrule, it did wobble a bit. I found the shoulders too close together, so, had to trade it away. I noticed from their specs that the loom length did not grow proportionately with the overall paddle length, and wondered if many taller users might find the looms too short. I thought the blade shapes and finish were good. (All this from an occasional GP user. I like the concept, but have not found the right paddle. No other GPers around my area.)
  • Hmm, my Werner Camano with its
    push button ferrule doesn't wobble. I had to carefully sand the male end with 400 paper after the ferrule refused to release.

Maybe makers are selling slightly loose ferrules so they don't get calls about non-release.
  • review.
    I wrote this review last year, http://qajaqrolls.com/2013/04/gearlab-oyashio-composite-greenland-paddle.html

I have loaned these paddles to numerous people who have enjoyed using them.