Suggestions for South of NYC

Cold long winter, our ADK paddle in NY probably won’t happen because of ice. How about some suggestions for a 2-3 day paddle camping trip south of the city. Willing to drive app 250 - 300 miles I’m guessing.

Already been to Maryland, Assateague (sp?)

Been to NJ , Mullica River, nice

Suggestions please…

2-3 day paddle
I presume you have done the Delaware… maybe the Potomac?

thanks
nope, will look into it, thanks for suggestion

Maryland Area
Several stretches of the Potomac make nice few-day floats. The Susquahanna has several stretches that will work.

What might be different is the Patuxent (Maryland) which can be done as tidal assisted out and back, or, downriver with a shuttle. With shuttle, starting on the Patuxent at the Queen Anne Canoe Launch and proceeding downriver makes an interesting trip as you get to see the river transform from a small woodland river to broad expanses of tidal marshes. There’s a website on the water trail but it wasn’t functioning for me when I just tried to hit it. If it works later I’ll come back and edit it in. Meanwhile, if you can find a copy of the December, 2012 Sea Kayaker magazine, it has a feature article on the Patuxent Water Trail, including location and description of the various paddle-in campsites that are available.

Maryland’s Eastern Shore has the Pocomoke River. There are a couple state campgrounds on the Pocomoke that you could hook together to make a few-day trip. Contact the Pocomoke Canoe Company in Snow Hill, Md for more info on that.

~~Chip

Update Pax web info
The Patuxent Water Trail website is functioning:

http://patuxentwatertrail.org/watertrailguide/

~~Chip

Delaware is now open
drove over it yesterday on I 84