Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all canoers

I live in Boise and I am active in the Idaho Canoe & Kayak Club. However that is pretty much kayaks and SUPs. I am a long time kayaker who is transitioning to canoeing with a Mad River Courier for flat water and getting a Wenonah Recon for white water (which I managed to get a Bob Foote pedestal for.

Anyhow there is only a handful of canoers in the area these days as most people SUP or ww kayak. I have the start of a small dedicated group that mostly if not entirely canoes and I would like to see it come back in full force. So if anyone is interested let me know so we can get together.
Tagged:

Comments

• Canoe Renaissance coming
    I sense a canoe renaissance coming right around the corner. All those SUPers are gonna get tired of standing up all the time and will figure out with a little balance and training, you can ALSO stand up in canoes when the desire is there. I call ALL canoeists to bring a long 62" or longer paddle with them while planning a trip where SUPers frequent and then when safe and the opportunity presents itself, stand up and paddle where they can see you. I have done this a few times and I always get approached in amazement by SUPers
  • The tides can change...
    As things get old they become new again. I would love to see a whole new group of canoers.
  • SUP
    never left Maine. Its been around for a hundred years.

So all of a sudden some SOCAL marketing guru got rich? PFFT. In Maine we have always stood tall in our canoe (I do admire the skill of the Wenonah guy) and poled.

https://www.backwoodsmanmag.com/images/Feature Article PDFs/featarticle_mayjune11.pdf

• Canoes are forever!

• @DavidRoss said:
    Canoes are forever!

AMEN, BROTHER! BTW, love the MRC Courier, nice boat!

• Oh yea, we are the federales; you know, the SUP board & big box store kayak police.
    Show us your SUP board, or your recreational kayak!

SUP?
    Kayak?
    If you're the boat police; show us "your stinking badges!

;
    !

We don't need no SUP or kayak police around here !
    I'd rather be canoeing............
    But, we could use some more cowbell !

BOB

• Join us over on http://www.canoetripping.net/forums/ We have a few double bladers but very few yakers

• As they age those SUPers will get tired of standing all day. Then they may realize that a canoe is a good option. Stand when you want, sit when you want, or kneel when you want.

• @sweeper said:
    Join us over on http://www.canoetripping.net/forums/ We have a few double bladers but very few yakers

OK Kevin, now I feel like you're pickin' on me.
    I still like you, anyway.

Grandpa

• I started in a canoe, then switched to Kayaks but occasionally I feel the need to haul out the OT-Pack canoe
    and take that camping.