Kayak Fishing Question

Good Morning,

I am new to kayak freshwater fishing, and was hoping I could possibly get some advice/suggestions.

I have a friend who works for Johnson Outdoors and am going to purchase a Old Town or Ocean Kayak. Is one better than the other?

• Is there a certain length that I should get? (I would mainly be using it for calm freshwater lakes, and possibly some slow moving rivers)

• I have it narrowed down to the following models:

• Prowler 13 or Big Game II (Ocean Kayak)
  • Trident 11 or 13 (Ocean Kayak)
  • Predator MX or 13 (Old Town)
  • Tetra 10 or 12 Angler (Ocean Kayak)

Any advice would be helpful as I am a novice when it comes to kayak freshwater fishing.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Scott W.

PredatorXL
Just for fun, you should add this other kayak they make to your review list. Other than being heavy, it looks like an excellent fishing kayak and it is one that I was looking at before deciding to go with the Eddyline C-135.

Whick Kayak to get for fishing.
You listed some really good kayaks. Did you end up getting one yet? I am like you, looking for which one I should get, for next spring so I can fish my last year in Maine, before I move to Texas. Just wondering.

I like the Predator mx
The predator would be my first pick out of your list cuz I love the open deck and the seat looks very comfortable. The big game would be my second pick.

All decent boats
Sit in them and see which is more comfortable for you.

• Big D