Kayak Fish Finder

Good Afternoon,

I have an Ocean Kayak Trident 11 Angler, and am looking to purchase a Humminbird fish locator.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight on what a good Humminbird fish locator might be for fishing out of a kayak? I am a novice when it comes to using a fish locator out of a kayak.

I know there are other fish electronic companies out there such as Lowrance, but I’m wanting to stick with Humminbird.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Fish finders

– Last Updated: Jul-19-16 12:53 AM EST –

Most fishfinders do the job, but some do it better than others. You seem dead set on Humminbird for whatever reason, but you are leaving out some quality Garmin and Lowrance units that may do the job as well and perhaps at a better the price (or maybe not). It's foolish to be set on a single brand for arbitrary reasons.

You don't mention your desired price point. That is a key. More money will get you more features. You need to decide if those features are worth it. An $89 Garmin will show fish and bottom contours. A $1,000 unit will do the same and a lot more.

In the end, it's a matter of how much you want to spend and the features you are looking for. I'm sure anybody here can recommend their favorite unit, but it is a unit that ultimately fit their own needs.

Establish your desired features and price point and nearly any unit you can find in that price range will do the job well.

I’m going with Garmin

– Last Updated: Jul-21-16 8:30 AM EST –

There really isn't something with GPS and DownView in the same price range as the Garmin Striker 4DV unit. A lot of device for $179.

Fish finder
Have you tried fshfindermounts.com.? They have mounts for kayaks so you can miunt amd power your fish finder. I just got one. It is insane!! Get the 5 ah magnetic kayak kit.