Bioluminescence paddling trip anyone?

Thinking about going down to the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge’s Indian River Lagoon for an overnight camping trip to see the bioluminesence in the water.

Looking for a paddling partner and/or trip advice on where to camp/paddle in tha area.

We’ve done the Banana…
River the last two years. Camping at Jetty Park, launching at Kelly Park nearby.

We leave Kelly and head north under the bridge, and take a left cruising up the canal that’s there.

There is probably a lot of better places, but we rarely paddle the east coast, and we don’t get lost or confused with this one. We haven’t been disappointed with it.

I’d like to join you if we can set a date. We recently had a granddaughter move in with us, between her school and work she’s limiting our freedom for now, but it’s a real pleasure to have her here.

T

Bioluminescence
Do you know when you are going.

I am going 8/15 trying to find a good launch area. Thinking about Haulover Canal in Titusville. I wood rather put in somewhere near Cocoa Beach.

Did you make it to Haulover Canal Launch
http://www.adventurecentral.com/user/web/cart/wfDetails.aspx?AID=9694&CLUID=1e5fa7aa-4fe5-4e70-9d43-b907c5314584

Looks like Haulover Canal Launch is where the outfitters go. I can go during the week or weekends, which ever works best for you guys. Bring your granddaughter, bet she would enjoy it when she sees it.

I will look into it…
This weekend is a full moon, but the next two weekends should be right.

If the females agree, I could do a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night paddle.

I’d probably set the camper at that KOA in Mims. It’s just too much driving too late at night for me to make it a day trip.

Yes, the granddaughter would love it, if she can work out her schedule.

T

I am thinking about September 9-11
I can go anytime during the week days if that would work better for you guys.

@Kayak_Ken said:

Looks like Haulover Canal Launch is where the outfitters go. I can go during the week or weekends, which ever works best for you guys. Bring your granddaughter, bet she would enjoy it when she sees it.

Outfitters are many in the area. At least three use Kelly Park and the canal.