Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classifieds - Instructions

edited December 2016 in Used Gear - Classifieds

The classifieds were a very important part of paddling.net and they will be back on paddling.com. Until they are back, this board has been created to help you buy and sell your gear.

Post your gear as a new discussion at:
https://forums.paddling.com/post/discussion/used-gear-classifieds

A few notes and instructions.
1. Private parties may listed new or used gear. Dealers, please list used gear only. Contact advertising for information on posting new gear.
2. Photo uploads are limited to 10mb each
3. When you have sold your gear, be sure to update/edit your post as SOLD and strike-through the title text
--- >Edit your own post by clicking on the 'Gear' icon (near the 'Star' icon) in upper right of text box...
4. Do NOT include your email as it will be listed publicly. Interested people can post a comment or send you a private message.
5. Use tags like used kayaks, used canoes, used paddleboards, used gear to make searching easier. You can also tag the state where you are located.
6. Be sure to include the following in your post title:

• For Sale or Wanted
  • Make
  • Model
  • City and State
  • Price
    Examples:
    For Sale: Perception Carolina - Grand Rapids, MI - $1000
    Wanted: Perception Carollna - Madison, WI

SOLD: Perception Carolina - Grand Rapids, MI - $1000

Thanks for your patience as we continue to develop paddling.com

Post your gear as a new discussion at:

Comments

• edited November 2016

DO NOT post your classified as a comment here.
    Instead, post it here:

• Will you be offering a Classified section for vacation rentals that are geared towards paddlers? Thank you, Alice Hill

• @pokeboatnana said:
    Will you be offering a Classified section for vacation rentals that are geared towards paddlers? Thank you, Alice Hill

It is certainly something we can consider.

• Is there a way to delete an ad?

• Is there a way to edit an ad? In particular, I don't see a way to update the post after a sale occurs, as instructed above.

• edited December 2016

Same question here. How does one delete or edit their ad?

• @FatElmo Kevin at paddling.com, in response to my request, has enabled editing of posts. If you refresh the page, you should see a gear icon next to the star icon near the upper right corner of your post. Click the gear icon and you will see the option to edit.

It took a couple of days, after he made the change, for the gear icon to appear on my post, so if you don't see the icon, give it a day or two. But probably the change has propagated to everybody by now, not just to me.

• He says he's working on the delete functionality. Apparently that's not as easy as editing.

• @yakman602000 said:
    2003 swift Caspian sea kayak for sale excellent condition. Asking $1000

DO NOT post your classified as a comment here.
    Instead, post it here:

• I want the old Paddling.Net back. This new site is a total pain. I used to visit the old site several times a day. I almost never visit this site. How can we get the old site back. Who owns the old site? I am interested in resurrecting the old Paddling.Net

• IT's gone forever just like many other things including the dinosaurs after many many millions of years. What was it 65 million? I am sure it's the same owner just updating.

• However, updating generally means increased functionality - not less. The old Paddling.Net classified ads page was great. Whaaaaa! I miss it!

• Guys this new set up sucks

• i agree old site was a site better. Easier to navigate,. I bought a sold a lot of kayaks & gear before, this is a not fun.
    Also liked the calendar, discounts, discussion forums.

• Fields for the location, price should be added.
    I could help improving the site or you could hire a pro for $1000, I'd be glad to pitch in.

• Serial number should be included with all postings. It is rare and an old old kayak to not have one. Even my repaint kayak where I filled in the hull number still has numbers on the inside of the hull. I also took pictures of it before filling and painting.

• Still missing your old classified listings. How can it possibly take this long to get our classified back on track?? Sad!! Can you tell us what the problem is? Maybe someone can fix it!

• @Pattiwak said:
    Still missing your old classified listings. How can it possibly take this long to get our classified back on track?? Sad!! Can you tell us what the problem is? Maybe someone can fix it!

Rest assured, we want them up as bad as you do, but we've been working on a new Go Paddling Section that will be launching soon. From there, the new Classified Section is a high priority. Thanks for hanging with us!

• How to post an ad is a real mystery...is it a "message"? I have instructions from the webmaster which I understand up to the point where it says "start to post". There is no place indicated to post classifieds.
    Does anyone know the answer to this?

• edited April 19

@WTB-OK said:
    How to post an ad is a real mystery...is it a "message"? I have instructions from the webmaster which I understand up to the point where it says "start to post". There is no place indicated to post classifieds.
    Does anyone know the answer to this?

@WTB-OK
    Sure there is. It's under "Categories" at the top left hand side of your screen: Used Gear - Classifieds. Click it and start a new discussion, listing what you've got for sale. Very helpful if you include tags. And your location.

• Thank you. I will try that.

• Is there an easier way to find my two postings other than scrolling through? Also received an inquiry so I just "comnent" back under the inquiry. Nothing appears on my original post showing this exchange. I assume my reply goes back direvtly to the unquiry then. Thanks and keep up the good work.

• @fredsutton123@gmail.com
    Just click on your user name and it will take you to your profile where you'll see your postings.

• Hmm - accidentally set up my user name as my email address and don't see a way to change user name or delete account and start over. Help please? Thanks!