Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Sale: Current Designs Solstice GT Sea Kayak, Kevlar - Fort Bragg, CA - $1,995.

I bought this kayak new at Annapolis Canoe and Kayak on July 5, 2016. I had toured with one of these about 5 weeks in BC and really liked this boat. I decided the Solstice GT  would be my first expedition kayak and I think it was an excellent choice.  I paddled it solo from Washington  DC to Buffalo, NY and then the the Mississippi River from the headwaters to the Gulf of Mexico. I encountered some fairly rough seas on the ocean and big boils and whitewater on the Mississippi. I never had any trouble, I think this is a very stable and pretty fast boat. It also has a lot of space for gear, food and water.  I always tried very hard to take care of it and not scratch the bottom. I never dragged this boat.  I did pull it over pool noodles a bit.  I almost always unloaded it in the water and carried it up to camp. That isn't very difficult as it weighs less than 50 pounds.  I used of pool noodles to protect it from rocks and boat ramps.  It developed

a gel coat crack on the right side near my knee. On the Mississippi I stopped at Wenonah Canoe (where Current Designs Kayaks are manufactured) and had that professionally repaired. At the same time they added a fiberglass laminate on the inside of the cockpit. This boat is now more bombproof and slightly heavier than a standard kevlar boat. I have taken pictures of the bottom, I can email those to you upon request. I think it is in very good used condition.  Included is a brand new Seals nylon cockpit cover.

Comments

• great boat I love all 4 of my Current Designs North America style kayaks. I doubt your reinforcement added more than a few ounces! How many mile did you travel? Nice trip!

• Thanks for your message. Sorry about my slow reply. I think from DC to Buffalo was about 1200 miles. The Mississippi River was about 2,150.

• cool good to hear it had some use and still looks great.

• is the kayak still for sale and if so please email me helge@globeriders.com
    Thanks.

• it's a good deal if you can get it.