Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For Sale 2014 Delta 15.5 Expedition $1,350 or Best Offer, Ann Arbor Michigan

New in Nov 2014, Garage kept, excellent condition. Yellow deck, full length Keeleazy strip on keel (easily removed &/or replaced). Normal light scratches on bottom. Remarkably fast and maneuverable considering the incredible stability profile. Enormous dry storage volume in front and rear oval hatches let you bring "comfort items". Great fishing/photography kayak. The durable thermoformed construction is light enough (50 lbs) to load and carry single handed. Handles beautifully either empty for a day paddle, or hauling two weeks of gear. She's taken me (solo) confidently and comfortably from Lake Superior to the Everglades. Just a great boat IMHO. Includes older Seals Tropical Tour spray skirt and Seals Cockpit Seal. Possible help with transportation.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 11

Sorry, I should have included this information in the original post. Length 15'6" x 24" width x 50lbs. Thermoformed hull/deck with rudder (see photos!). There are several reviews of the Delta 15.5 Expedition on this site and various sources on the web as well. For an idea of fit, I'm 6'3" x 215lb x 34" inseam x size13 shoe. I am forced to downsize the fleet as the family cottage has been sold, so storage space no longer allows more than one kayak each. I'm keeping my Delta 17. After decades of owning and paddling several poly and fiberglass kayaks (Ocean Kayak, Kaskazi, P&H, Prijon, Current Design) I am definitely a fan of thermoformed construction and Delta kayaks.

• I'm interested, would like to paddle it. I will be coming from Colorado in about two weeks. Would you be willing to meet me in Chicago area?

• I am serious about buying it if it suits. I can meet you in St. Joe. Never been in a Delta, hence the tryout.

• This kayak is still available.