Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wenonah Solitude Solo Canoe for Sale with Portaging Yoke (Chicago Area) - SOLD

Wenonah Solitude (15.5') in Tuff-weave layup for sale. This is a very fast boat. It accelerates quickly and can keeps moving very efficiently. This is perfect for lakes or relatively flat rivers. It also has enough room for some overnight gear and a dog. I've used it on several overnight camping trips and kept pace with the other tandem boats on the trip. It's very light too so it makes portaging, or even just loading and unloading, easy. A fun boat for those who want a fast efficient solo canoe.

Overall good condition, but I want to be upfront that it's not perfect. Has some small visible repairs that were completed by the previous owner. The bow and stern are showing wear. I purchased a gel coat repair kit from Wenonah intending to restore some of those points, but haven't found the time. The repair kit is included in sale. See the pictures for some of those wearing areas. That said, the boat is in good condition for use and can be paddled without any additional work. The few small imperfections don't really affect the overall appearance to my eye.

Always stored indoors.

Purchase includes a portaging yoke (see link below for same model information). Though if you're interested in purchasing this separately, please let me know. The yoke is in pristine condition, even still has the tag on it.

https://www.boundarywaterscatalog.com/wenonah-canoe/wenonah-clampon-solo-24662

I'm only selling it because I'm purchasing a canoe more suited to my paddling style (I like to kneel and want a boat better suited to smaller and faster streams and rivers).

Located in St. Charles, IL (near Chicago). Local pickup or we can discuss meeting a reasonable distance away if needed.

$850 or best offer.

-------update--------

Was finally able to get a measured weight on this boat. It weighs 43 lbs.

Tagged:

Comments

• Scotty could you post a photo of the VIN plate on the hull. It will be just under the gunwale on the right side at the stern. something does not look right with your description of this canoe. There is a lot of tumblehome in the hull and does not look wide enough for the Solitude. And the chips you photographed up close show tuff-weave cloth, but your interior shot looks like kevlar.
    the Plaidpaddler

• Hi Plaid, must be something strange about the perspective in my pictures. It's definitely a Solitude. The picture of the ID plate is below.

Interesting that you say the inside looks like kevlar. It always reminded me of a friend's kevlar, but the hull decal says Tuff-Weave. I haven't been around other Tuff-Weave boats so I don't know what's standard. The boat feels really light though so if you had told me it was kevlar I would have believed you.

Thanks for you input!

• Scotty,
    I looked a several photos of later solitudes and they did pinch in the middle like an Advantage sometime after the Prism was born. I had one from the early 80's in fiberglass and it definitely had straighter sides. your hull construction is still puzzling. It is core stiffened (now ultralight) and I don't remember the later solitude eing offered in corestiffened tuffweave, just flex core tuffweave and corestiffened or flex core Kevlar. So why the obviously tuffweave outer layer. I addition to the color, the coarse weave makes it tuffweave. The tuffweave hull got Kevlar reinforcing strips right where you have the chips. Maybe this hull was an experimental layup. It is sa nice canoe, chips and all. You are just too far from Rochester.
    Bill

• Interesting thoughts and perspective Bill. Thanks for sharing.

• __> @Scotty L said:

Wenonah Solitude (15.5') in Tuff-weave layup for sale. This is a very fast boat. It accelerates quickly and can keeps moving very efficiently. This is perfect for lakes or relatively flat rivers. It also has enough room for some overnight gear and a dog. I've used it on several overnight camping trips and kept pace with the other tandem boats on the trip. It's very light too so it makes portaging, or even just loading and unloading, easy. A fun boat for those who want a fast efficient solo canoe.

Overall good condition, but I want to be upfront that it's not perfect. Has some small visible repairs that were completed by the previous owner. The bow and stern are showing wear. I purchased a gel coat repair kit from Wenonah intending to restore some of those points, but haven't found the time. The repair kit is included in sale. See the pictures for some of those wearing areas. That said, the boat is in good condition for use and can be paddled without any additional work. The few small imperfections don't really affect the overall appearance to my eye.

Always stored indoors.

Purchase includes a portaging yoke (see link below for same model information). Though if you're interested in purchasing this separately, please let me know. The yoke is in pristine condition, even still has the tag on it.

https://www.boundarywaterscatalog.com/wenonah-canoe/wenonah-clampon-solo-24662

I'm only selling it because I'm purchasing a canoe more suited to my paddling style (I like to kneel and want a boat better suited to smaller and faster streams and rivers).

Located in St. Charles, IL (near Chicago). Local pickup or we can discuss meeting a reasonable distance away if needed.

$950 or best offer.

• Updated the description with weight.

• Price update

• Hi..... might be interested.... in Madison.... only 43 lbs? Does it feel like a shorter Prism? I love my Tuffweave Prism but it is getting harder on my old neck and back. Email me at jimkoza@sbcglobal.net