Launch App

Hello,

I downloaded an app titled “Launch Sites” a few years ago from what I believe was a website called “Paddling.net”. Last night I upgraded my iPhone and the app did not come over on the Cloud and I have searched the web high and low and cannot find the app. My friend was able to find it about a month ago and has it on his phone but in the About section it shows “Paddling.net”. So when I type that into my search bar I land on this site.

So I have two questions: 1.) is the site formerly Paddling.net?
2.) does anyone know how I can find that app to download?

That app was invaluable in finding spots in new locations.

Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Kim

https://paddling.com/paddle/locations/

I’m in the same boat as you (punny, yes) with a new phone, so good observation. Other more tech savvy paddlers can correct me but it looks like it’s now just resident on the paddling.com (formerly paddling.net) site. Add the address to your home screen or bookmark.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

Thanks for the swift response Marshall (this punny also a yes as I paddle a Swift lol) That is too bad about the app as I loved the actual map feature and the ease of finding it on my phone with a touch of the icon. Hoping someone else develops an app like that.

The Apple App Store shows a bunch of state specific boat ramp locator apps for $.99 ea. I don’t know how useful they are but it might be an option.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

On my iPhone the app is definitely called “Launch Sites” with the developer as paddling.net.

But I can’t find it any more on the App store. And as Marshall says, this website was formerly called paddling.net.

Maybe they pulled it?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.milabs.paddling.MainPagePack&hl=en

Just installed it again now at play store

Yes but that’s the Android version.

OP wants the iOS version.

Ok my mistake.

Ha-ha…None of you can fool me–Everyone here knows a “Launch” is the same as a “Put In.” :wink: