Thursday Night Tville

It’s been a while since I’ve had my whitewater boat out, and I’d like to do a local trip in RI this weekend, so I decided to head down to Tville (Tarrifville Gorge on the Farmington River) in CT for a Thursday night paddle. Forecast was for rain, so I was a little worried that I would drive all the way down there only to find that the trip was cancelled – fortunately not. We had 8 boats – 7 kayaks (what else is new) and 1 canoe (guess who). It rained on and off, but that didn’t seem to bother anyone.

Erik

Few more pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eckilson/albums/72157684186818676

Excellent pictures. Looks like a great time. I still can’t see how anyone can kneel in a canoe. If I did that for ten minutes I wouldn’t be able to walk for a week. Thanks for posting.

@DrowningDave said:
I still can’t see how anyone can kneel in a canoe. If I did that for ten minutes I wouldn’t be able to walk for a week.

Kneeling - you get use to it, and take regular breaks to stretch :wink:

Rain is money in the bank. Wow, looks like things were at a nice high level. More water than less is always so much better. Nice close-up surfing pics. Been on the Farmington only once(forgot what section)but it was raining like the dickens then too and I “fondly” remember getting worked in my then play yak. :#

I glued closed cell foam knee pads and homemade saddle with thigh straps into the center of my newest used canoe. Hoping to man-up enough to run it for the first time"classic tandem-solo" down a III+ fairly soon (rest assured, it will be on a stretch that I’m already well familiar with. Probably either the Esopus or Catskill creeks, having done both dozens of times in other boats.)

Keep it coming, eck.

Would love to do Esopus next week. Unfortunately, I got rear-ended going to work, so my car is going it shop - bummer. I’ll get there sometime.

@eckilson said:
Would love to do Esopus next week. Unfortunately, I got rear-ended going to work, so my car is going it shop - bummer. I’ll get there sometime.

Send me a heads-up whenever you do–I’ll try to meet ya there.)Quite a ride from RI, btw.)

@spiritboat said:
Send me a heads-up whenever you do–I’ll try to meet ya there.)Quite a ride from RI, btw.)

Three and a half hours - might be better to stay overnight. It’s about the same for me as the Mongaup, and I did that as a day trip once.

You’d be welcome to “pitch a tent” at my place(I might even be able to do a little better than that, as I have a streamside deck on the property). I’ll send you a PM on FB. Esopus(the popular Phoenicia run)is about a half hour away. And the Mongaup (I was just there for a release last Fall)is an hour and a half’s ride for me–And I live in the same state and mountain range! Chat you soon.

Thanks.