Repairing vinyl delamination on Buffalo Royalex canoe. Please Help!

Hi everybody!

I have a Buffalo canoe that I would like to restore to it’s former glory. As you can tell from the pictures below, the interior of the hull, gunnels, seats etc, are in pretty good condition. The bottom of the hull could use some work. Right now the outer layer of vinyl is peeling and starting to reveal the Royalex underneath.

I have been searching this forum and a few other places for ideas on how to go about repairing this boat but I am not finding any straight answers. I know I need to do a couple of things:

1. Stop the vinyl layer from peeling and cut it off.
  2. Seal the open “wounds” to block any UV penetration and additional peeling of the outer vinyl layer.

Ideally, I would like to find a solution to help repair the hull and allow me to refinish and repaint the exterior. I have looked into to fiberglass repairs, using PC-11 or PC-7 (not really clear on difference) and just painting over it. Because I would like to repaint the entire boat, I am not worried about color matching at this time. Any suggestions would be great and very much appreciated!

*Side note: Any suggestions on type of paint to use for the finished product would be great. I have seen several people suggest krylon spray paint but would prefer a roll on or spray (air gun) solution.