KeelEazy Product Deficient and Company Will Not Respond

I had a horrible experience with both the KeelEazy product and customer experience. I purchased their Kayak Kit 18 in black and applied it to a home built wood kayak. Within 1 week the KeelEazy strip started peeling off and delaminating from the kayak. I followed their explicit instructions that came with the kit and even used the supplied wipe to clean the surface before installation.

I called Chris at the company and told him the problem. He told me it sounded like they sent me the wrong product and asked that I send him pictures of the peeling and also a pic of any leftover KeelEazy strips which I did. Chris said he would send me the proper product free of charge. Well, one month later still no replacement. Not even a follow up call. This despite repeated emails and phone calls to the company trying to reach someone! Anyone! They’ve gone “radio silent”.

I have since filed a complaint against KeelEazy with the Better Business Bureau of the Northwest. As of this date, it’s being investigated and I am awaiting a company response. We’ll see if Chris or KeelEazy does the right thing and responds to honor their pledge to replace the product.

Follow-Up:
As of July 17, 2017 the Better Business Bureau of the NorthWest rates KeelEazy a “D+” and notes the company failed to respond to the complaint.

https://www.bbb.org/northwest/business-reviews/adhesives-and-glues/keeleazy-in-bellingham-wa-1000038077

Buyer beware.

Follow-up: On July 18, 2017 Paulette with KeelEazy contacted me by email and explained the non-communication problem and offered a full refund. I received the refund the very next day