Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kayak trip with overnight camping with BSA

Does anyone know of a kayak or canoe trip that runs about 30 to 50 miles with a pullout location that you can camp at in North or South Carolina? I run a Boy Scout troop and we are trying to find a location. We are based out of Spartanburg SC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We don't need a campground or anything like that as we all will be utilizing Hammocks. Again - any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Done a couple of 50 milers in canoes with Boy Scouts along the South Fork of the New river. There is state park that we ended at. We started from a beautiful camp group right on the river. There is a lot of imfomation online these days. My trips were in late 90s. I no longer have info to give to you.

• I've not done it, but the Congaree is on my radar. Should be a lovely trip without whitewater of the length you are looking for.

• The French Broad River above Asheville in NC and the Lumber River in the NC/SC low country both would be good