Kevlar Egret, Mike Galt design

Hi all, I have a 14’ Wilderness Systems Kevlar Egret, Mike Galt design in the baby blue top/cream(off white) bottom color scheme. I have been doing research on it but only find the few mentions of it and from posts back around when the boat was made which seems to be around 1991as there is a video of Mike and Marilu Wilson freestyle paddling the dark blue version. Originally made by Lotus and then by Wildernss Systems, it is tough to research as any mention of wildness systems brings up nothing but Kayaks as that’s what they’re known for. So this is what I know…it’s a flat water tandem canoe 14’3" long, beam is 31.5" depth is 18" she weighs 48lbs and max cap of 450lbs. Made of hand laid Kevlar with hand crafted teak gunwales, and seats, the front seat is on a sliding adjustable rail to balance front paddler…and I know it’s rare!
My question how rare and how should I value it? I know there are some of you out there that know this is a ledgendary canoe that you have heard of and never seen!

I may be willing to sell her to the right party as I do more river running and this vessel is too fine for that. I would also entertain a trade for a good royalex Mad River or the likes. Boat is in great shape, Always stored indoors, hull has a few light scratches and teak gunwales just need to be re oiled, I am located in New England.

Beautiful but the bow seat appears to be installed backward. Wide edge of cane should face forward. Not certain what to ask, as it is a specialized boat. Might start at 1000. Had one of Mike’s years ago, but designs have changed to improve freestyle performance. Nice collectible though.

Thanks stevet, yes looking at it now it is backwards, I usually take it off when traveling as not to chance losing it. My wife or I just must have overlooked It when putting it back in. $1000 was the base (at least) price, but I know it most likely has a particular buyer in mind. I bought it because I knew what it was (for the most part) not because I had longed for it. I just didn’t want to see her end up sitting in someone’s backyard. I admire it every time I go in the garage, but tend to grab another boat when heading out for a paddle.

It is a truly elegant small craft. My experience was much the same…loved to admire it but often chose another to paddle. Recently had to liquidate the fleet due to a move to a house without storage, but man, if I had the room… hope it finds an appreciative owner.

I also have this canoe except mine is red. Want to sell also. We are selling for 700.00 if interested. We have started kayaking and have no room for both plus has only been in the water the last 15 or so years.

@stevet said:
Beautiful but the bow seat appears to be installed backward. Wide edge of cane should face forward. Not certain what to ask, as it is a specialized boat. Might start at 1000. Had one of Mike’s years ago, but designs have changed to improve freestyle performance. Nice collectible though.

Doesn’t that seat slide forward to allow solo paddling, i.e., is it facing the correct direction for solo use?

It’s only worth what someone is willing to pay regardless of what you think it’s worth.

@carldelo said:

@stevet said:

Doesn’t that seat slide forward to allow solo paddling, i.e., is it facing the correct direction for solo use?

Would never do that with so little clearance for the body in case of upset. The sliding seat is designed to trim out the boat with a bow paddler in it.

@kayamedic said:

@carldelo said:

@stevet said:

Would never do that with so little clearance for the body in case of upset. The sliding seat is designed to trim out the boat with a bow paddler in it.

OK, thanks, never done the canoe thing