Is this really the "future of kayaking"?

https://paddling.com/gear/outbound-gt/280818/

Does have built-in portage wheels and you can turn it with your feet, which is kinda cool. Claims it can be used on rivers up to Class II.

Reminds me of a giant cute clam.

I don’t know if that is really a kayak, but it is a cool, different idea! They need videos. And demos all over the country! I would love to demo one.

I guess that the two hulls are so far apart that the length of one section will define the hull speed. So this will probably be a very slow kayak.

Looks more like a medical device than a boat… like some kinda wheelchair that folds up.

If you appreciate the fine lines of a coricle that’s a fine boat.

At 72# I don’t think packing it in is the future.

Looks slow and awkward. But I’m not a “drifter” or beginning rec boat paddler seeking stability and small car portability.

Everyone would need two of those and I won’t go into what for.

Glorified float tube at 100X the cost & 20X the weight. It’s bound to sell like hotcakes.

@Allan Olesen said:
I guess that the two hulls are so far apart that the length of one section will define the hull speed. So this will probably be a very slow kayak.

I just used the advertised total length to “scale off” the actual length of one of the hulls (I estimated the height on the hull which would probably represent the waterline and used that length). Are you ready? The hull speed of this “boat” will be about 2.1 mph! In real life, that probably means even getting it up to two miles per hour would be a Herculean task. I think I’ll order one right now.

Looks like a totally worthless piece of crap to me.
Should appeal to the totally gullible; who have lots of disposable income, and no common sense.
Imagine the fun you’ll have, trying to get rid of it after you realize, “you’ve been had”.

BOB

Wait for their bankruptcy sale and you’ll be able to get one cheap.
This is definitely NOT a kayak, nor the future of anything.

Like a pea twain pod
that was split in two,
seedy suspension of sense
harvests bucks from you,

& 'tween lily pads
there’s much to buck at seat,
so your ass is grass
when it’s gator you meat!

Although one man’s clams are another’s pearly oyster, I suppose?

Why the “GT,” though?

Giddyup Trapezius!

Yikes, that thing is just fugly. You could literally bridge two inner tubes with a couple of crutches and lash a bedpan in the middle and have the same ‘watercraft’ and it would weigh a whole lot less…

@carldelo said:
Yikes, that thing is just fugly. You could literally bridge two inner tubes with a couple of crutches and lash a bedpan in the middle and have the same ‘watercraft’ and it would weigh a whole lot less…

So funny!

@carldelo said:

Nah. Two flying saucer sleds, not inner tubes. I would still demo or rent one if I could, though I can’t imagine buying one.

It weighs 72 pounds! I’d go with an inflatable if I had no space.

@PianoAl said:
It weighs 72 pounds! I’d go with an inflatable if I had no space.

The Scorpion, a smaller version for lighter payload, weighs 42 lbs.

I get the feeling neither model is all that stable in anything but calm water, but being able to hang feet off the sides helps.

@pikabike said:

@carldelo said:

Nah. Two flying saucer sleds, not inner tubes. I would still demo or rent one if I could, though I can’t imagine buying one.

Nice one, but where do you get float bags for the saucers? Safety first, and all that…

Looks like something a couple of kids put together in the back yard out of scrap. My brother and I made a raft sort of like that.

Too slow, overpriced, too heavy, etc. I agree with another post, I’d get a nice inflatable first.