Current Designs has no Greenland or composite British boats listed

I have ask a few times with no response on CD Facebook page. Did the Danish style replace them?

CD lists its Caribou as Greenland style. It’s a skeg boat.

Don’t see it listed in web site Sirroco and Squamish both poly.

Perhaps this is an old reference?https://cdkayak.com/Kayaks.aspx?id=6

Here they list various styles, including greenland and british:
https://cdkayak.com/ChoosingKayak.aspx

That’s old I think

Look here

https://cdkayak.com

I contacted their Customer Service a couple of months ago when I first noticed this. I thought (hoped?) it might be a website glitch.

They responded by telling me they had cut production of kayaks that weren’t selling well.

Sad!

Figured that. Wonder why they never could answer me on Facebook. Wonder if they trash the molds or people could order one? Tough times for sea kayaking. Even the fairly new infinity is gone.

I don’t know about the molds. They just told me that if I was interested in a specific boat - which I wasn’t as it was just a general inquiry - then I should contact their dealers to see if they still had stock.

Dealers around here stock nothing now.

Same here in NJ. Campmor typically has about a dozen kayaks - half of them inexpensive rec boats - and maybe 1 or 2 CD boats, but that’s about it.

If Horace Greeley kayaked - “Go North young man…”

Only one 10’2" hull in stock. Everything else is longer and composite or the new CoreLite X.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

@Marshall said:
If Horace Greeley kayaked - “Go North young man…”

Only one 10’2" hull in stock. Everything else is longer and composite or the new CoreLite X.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile

Your are one of the few places that stocks real sea kayaking kayaks and gear. Thank you. Hope to be up soon.

I’ve got the “Gone Kayaking” sign ready, to hang on the Showroom door, whenever you’ve got time and I’m not already out on the water.

See you on the water,
Marshall
The Connection, Inc.
Hyde Park, NY
845-228-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile

If you look what CD kept it’s boats that are somewhat different where there’s less competition from other sea kayaks.

Thanks Marshall

Have to wonder if there is any communication between CD and their alleged retailers.

Of the four retailers in my area listed at the CD website, one is a bike shop which no longer sell kayaks, one sells only SUPs, one is rental shop specializing in rec boats, and one sells kayaks, but CD is not a listed product.

There is a well known outfitter downstate which CD claims is a retailer, but CD kayaks are not listed as a brand sold by that outfitter.

Found the same thing in previous years. Three places on Long lsland listed as dealers were no longer. They didn’t buy product to stock so they lost their dealership. Shrinking market for longer kayaks. Then hard to sell a 4 grand plus item from a picture. I will be 65 in December so if I tell my friends I paddled 10 miles or 20 miles they wouldn’t do that in my Boston Whaler. Even friends half my age would not dream of it. I need to go out now and paddle. I took time off and got good weather.

3 or 4 years ago Jersey Paddler probably had 100 kayaks on their lot, which of course was probably a major reason that they folded last year! And many of those were long boats from Valley, P&H, Epic, CD, Wilderness, etc., etc. all available for demo. Now there is practically nothing in the greater NYC area, although one of these days I’ll take a drive up to Marshall’s.

I am trying to get up to Marshall soon too. I think I’ll leave my debit card home. LOL