Selling in Paddling.com classifieds

Has anyone had trouble posting their kayak for sale in the classifieds, and not have it show up
when you go to the classifieds to check it out. I have tried posting it three times over the last week
without any luck! Help!

I can’t get the classified section to work at all. I have a couple kayaks to sell, but for the life of me, cannot get the classified site to come up. McAfee keeps calling it a risky site. Guess I’ll keep paddling those two kayaks.

@dusty waters said:
I can’t get the classified section to work at all. I have a couple kayaks to sell, but for the life of me, cannot get the classified site to come up. McAfee keeps calling it a risky site. Guess I’ll keep paddling those two kayaks.

Maybe this will help? https://paddling.com/classifieds/new/

I gave up on trying to sell on this new site and use Craigs list with much better results for buying and selling.
The old site was set up much better

@brian

Let me link you to the classifieds

craigslist.com

:stuck_out_tongue:

@“dusty waters” sorry to hear you are having issues. Can you either post more details here or email guide@paddling.com with any info. I see lots of new ads in the last week so our system appears to be working fine. I also checked McAfee’s info and paddling.com is given the all clear.

@brian said:
@“dusty waters” sorry to hear you are having issues. Can you either post more details here or email guide@paddling.com with any info. I see lots of new ads in the last week so our system appears to be working fine. I also checked McAfee’s info and paddling.com is given the all clear.

I had issues earlier: when you select from the pre-populated suggestions in the first box “What are you selling?” The Category checkboxes then go disabled. You can complete the ad, but it posts in Miscellaneous (if I remember correctly). If you can’t find it under canoes, you have to go back and edit the post by selecting the appropriate Category, which is enabled after posting.

@“Out of Line”
If you select a product that is in our database, it will automatically assign the category. So for the example you included, it will post it as a canoe.
However, if our database is incorrect and the product is mis-categorized that is how it will appear.

We also need to tweak how the the category selection works by graying out the box but also showing you the category that is entered in as.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.