Recommended first aid kit?

I can’t believe there are no existing threads on this, but the search said nope, so here goes. I’m looking for recommendations on small waterproof first aid kids, something I can leave in my day hatch. There are a hundred on Amazon, but I’ve seen that many generic kits contain cheap crappy materials that are hard to work with. I know, I can just buy a Pelican case and stuff it with my own stuff, and I may end up going that way, but I thought I’d see if there’s a turn-key solution recommended first.

I put my own together but if I was looking for an off-the-shelf solution I’d seriously consider what NRS offers…

http://search.nrs.com/search?w=first%20aid&af=cat1:whitewaterkayaking

I put my own together in a Pelican case, but looking through the NRS kit items is a good way to get a start for that. I mostly stick to day trips, but camping does offer more opportunities for accidents. The only item I ever used was an antihistamine for a friend’s bee sting, but I still faithfully carry it. And you do need to know how to use all the kit ingredients, so a wilderness first aid course may be appropriate.

Don’t let this hijack the thread, but a kayak repair kit is another good subject.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.canoekayak.com/gear/trip-tips-building-ultimate-paddling-first-aid-kit/%3Famphtml=1#ampshare=http://www.canoekayak.com/gear/trip-tips-building-ultimate-paddling-first-aid-kit/

I really need to make my own for day trips. Probably end up with better quality items in it. Remember black electrical tape will stick on itself when wet. Maybe some type of sealed bag in a small dry bag I have. Any suggestions for bag inside dry bag? Or just a bigger pelican box? Even a larger size dry-pac like I use for my phone.

Advils, finger bandages, larger patch bandages, gauze pads, antiseptic cream, adhesive tape, ace bandage, and on and on till I have a floating hospital ship. Going away / out this weekend so I will get something together for the group trip.

In my trucks I have OSHA KITS BY ZEE MEDICAL. Good quality stuff.

I can just buy a Pelican case and stuff it with my own stuff, <<

In the end, that is the best way to go.
Most off-the-shelf kits are not waterproof and they are mostly whatever the seller finds on the overstock shelf.

What you should consider is “What will I endure?” and go from there.
Blisters = moleskin. Bug bites and stings = sting-ease. Sunstroke = salt-tabs or hydration salts. Sunburn = aloe. etc. Think about what you have endured paddling and build on that.

I have three kits.
#1 is a small swimmers case in my cockpit that holds some moleskin, waterproof band-aids, tweezers and a comb for cactus.
#2 is my main kit in the stern dry-hatch as there is no way I can treat an injury on the water. It has the usual stuff I have found that I need for paddling injuries.
#3 is my doggie first-aid kit. This contains aspirin, benedryl, sting ease, bandages, the usual BUT, all meds are sized to my dog with a note taped to the inside that reminds me that my Min-Pin takes 1/2 baby asprin etc so I don’t overdose him. It also has skunk shampoo and doggie shampoo for those kind of accidents.

Now my daughter is allergic to strawberries and latex so I expect her to carry her own kit, BUT, I do carry a swimmer-case with emergency stuff for her. Ex: non-latex band-aids and a couple straw sections filled with her pills so I don’t have to remember how many of what pills for which reaction.

One thing to remember is that if you have any specific problems, it is YOUR responsibility to carry a kit made for YOUR situation. Then you tell your paddle-buddies that “hey, I am allergic to bee stings so here is my emergency anti-bee-sting kit just in case.”
Do NOT expect your paddle-buddy to make a kit for your problems. also do not expect your paddle-buddy to leave his beloved PB&J sandwich home because you are allergic to peanuts. But carry your anti-peanut med in your pocket and let him know, politely, where it is and what to watch for.

I have one by Adventure Medical Kits that does come in a watertight bag (and items inside are again protected by being in waterproof bags). I think it is this one: http://amzn.to/2zkdwEy. I took that whole thing and stuck it inside a bright orange dry bag, so it is triple bagged.

If you are the DIY type, the suggestions of building you r own are good. Would require some knowledge of first aid, which have (I am Wilderness First Responder, an 80 hour first aid class, certified). But I am not the DIY type, so I wanted the ease of a kit that some other expert has put together that meets many needs for its size.