Login & in box.

I wish when I come to the site it would tell me I have messages like some other forums. Or I am I missing something.

It tells me about that stuff. It tells me if there have been any replies to a post I’ve made, and it tells me if I have any private messages. It also tells me if someone replies to one of my posts within a thread, as long as they quoted at least part of my text when they did so. Do you see a red box with a number in it next to your name? That’s the number of messages/replies that you have. Do you see the same red number in a box on the left, labeled “Notifications”? That’s basically the same thing but it’s a shortcut to take you to your replies and messages.

On that note, I’ve seen a lot of people claim that they have to log-in every time they come to this site. To those people, just ignore the log-in box that shows up on the home page and go straight to the message boards. Once you get there you’ll see that you are actually still logged-in from last time (however, sometimes if I switch computers, the previous computer will not remain logged-in).

Do see the box now I guess I need to keep track of the number to see if something new came in or click to check if I don’t forget. Yes I have to login in once in a while. I do get the message if someone replied at the bottom of the screen. Checked all the preferences for pop ups thanks for you time and expertise.

@Guideboatguy said:
Once you get there you’ll see that you are actually still logged-in from last time (however, sometimes if I switch computers, the previous computer will not remain logged-in).

Or the computer updated and logged you out…or lost connectivity …sometimes logs one out.