C-TUG kickstand improvement.

Kickstand is always flopping soon after I

tighten it. So I added couple of flat rubber washers. Let’s you move it but has enough friction to not soon start being loose.

1 Like

I ‘avoid’ this issue by placing my C-Tug very carefully. Yours is a much better solution … as I’m not always careful enough.
Thanks PD52

Good tip - thank you.

@rsevenic said:
I ‘avoid’ this issue by placing my C-Tug very carefully. Yours is a much better solution … as I’m not always careful enough.
Thanks PD52

If I use it once or twice it won’t even hold its self up till I get the boat on it.

Replace the screw with a longer one and add a wing nut that allows quick hand tightening. That and the rubber washers would hold great!

@rnsparky said:
Replace the screw with a longer one and add a wing nut that allows quick hand tightening. That and the rubber washers would hold great!

Good idea but when I have done wing nuts on other things without locks washers they usually fall off. I have gotten a stud long enough then self locking nut after wing nut or burr the threads slightly. Then you don’t loose wing or whole assembly usually at the worst possible time. Even some adhesive dab on end of threads.

I was playing with this yesterday seems the adjustment will be good after many movements of kickstand.

The simplest fix I have found is to use a 6mm x 30mm butterfly bolt, loosen and tighten by hand as required

Great idea, thanks!