Chris - First Tropical (Fish) Storm for NE

As a NE surf paddler, you can’t hope for a better tropical storm track – one that just parallels the east coast. No landfall. Just nice swells rolling in with nice summer conditions. Fingers crossed for TS/Hurricane Chris to stir up Pond Atlantic! :slight_smile:

sing

Pining for a summer dawn patrol…

Was in Acadia all week camping with the family. Hope you got out.

We had some wave action around the 4th of July Holiday, Huricane brought some nice big waves. I actually ended up spending all of the time at the beach with my grandson, He’s 20 months old and chants “ocean” and “beach” when he comes to visit. He loves to stand in the surf and let the waves crash over him while we hold his hand. I suspect he’ll be paddling some of my boats long after I’m gone. We’re in a flat spell now and I took my my longboard out while a repair job on my SUP surfboard was drying. I got repeatedly dropped in on by two pretty women tourists. You know you are turning into an old codger when that makes you angry. Hey get off of my lawn.

@Johnnysmoke said:
Was in Acadia all week camping with the family. Hope you got out.

NIce… :slight_smile: Chronicle is profiling Arcadia tonite. I have yet to get up there.

Chris was disappointing for MassBay. The track was a bit too far out. The biggest swells were 2’ coming into MassBay. Not worth a doing a dawn patrol for. The south facing breaks in RI, NH and ME did much better. Especially RI which got several days of chest plus swells.

Hurricane Beryl went out to the mid Atlantic and faded back to a tropical low and followed Chris’ path. Oh well.

Still early in the hurricane season.

sing

@SeaDart said:
We had some wave action around the 4th of July Holiday, Huricane brought some nice big waves. I actually ended up spending all of the time at the beach with my grandson, He’s 20 months old and chants “ocean” and “beach” when he comes to visit. He loves to stand in the surf and let the waves crash over him while we hold his hand. I suspect he’ll be paddling some of my boats long after I’m gone. We’re in a flat spell now and I took my my longboard out while a repair job on my SUP surfboard was drying. I got repeatedly dropped in on by two pretty women tourists. You know you are turning into an old codger when that makes you angry. Hey get off of my lawn.

Yeah… it happened. I think i reached the “local codger” status at the homebreak as well. LOL!

sing

First time for me in Acadia, amazing scenery, but you have to be ready to deal with crowds. Probably best early or later in the season, locals said August is super busy.
Was with the family and friends, so didn’t bring a boat, but lots of flatwater paddling potential.