Discuss whatever it is that floats your boat. No real guidelines

This one doesn’t float. Yet! First photo was June 1. Others from today. Oiled the frame. I’ll get the hide on soon.

Very nice - what is the height of the Masik?

@rival51 said:
Very nice - what is the height of the Masik?

7.5 inches…

Pretty! Is that a Disco Bay? What are you skinning with?

It would float…just not very high on the water.

@willowleaf said:
Pretty! Is that a Disco Bay? What are you skinning with?

Not a replica of anything particular. I like the lines. Nylon and goop from skin boat skewl

That’s what my West Greenland is, 1050 ballistic nylon and Spirit Line 2 part urethane (and spruce green acid dye). Amazing stuff. I’ve dragged and paddled that poor boat all over the place for 10 years (it even blew off the roof rack once onto pavement) and that skin is completely intact. The builder did such a nice job I will be sad when I eventually have to reskin it.

I’ve thought about using the combination to cover a geodesic type structure in my garden or even to build the shell of a tow-behind camping trailer. (skin on frame Conestoga wagon!)

Water typically floats my boat. I’ve tried pluff mud a couple of times and it also works but is a bit of a mess.

Nice…

Pluff Mud…
I had to look that one up…
Cool… GH

BTW… I Love the kayak and am envious. Wish I had room to build one.

@grayhawk said:
Pluff Mud…
I had to look that one up…
Cool… GH

BTW… I Love the kayak and am envious. Wish I had room to build one.
I looked up pluff mud. One important thing none of the videos address is it often conceals oyster beds. In my mudding days, I always wore shoes or boots. Shoes get sucked off your feet too easily.
We spent a week at the coast in June and my Tarpon has a fresh set of slices in the hull.
And I agree, that is a beautiful boat frame.

Got the skin on. STILL NOT A FLOATER. At least I’m giving the sciatica a break

Nice!

Very nice.

Our local shop has a white one and for the boat parade they put colored lights inside…

When sunlight shines through the semi-translucent stain on mine it looks like a big sliver of jade. Or a giant leaf (hence my forum handle.)

Got a string of color shifting battery operated lights to try in it for sitting on the water watching fireworks but have not tried them yet (not approved for traveling in shipping lanes.)

a willow leaf translucent
skin jaded by sunlight
that sets within so beauteous frames
kaleidoscopic night

Maiden voyage/sea trials. It FLOATs and rolls. Got it back in dry dock :wink:
Video frame grabs from the water, hung the phone in a tree. Reg stickers
used to be cool in the old days, shape of the state.
Peace

Beautiful flat seam on the skin and lovely crisp chines. Great build!