Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for any Adirondack NY paddlers

We are looking at Little Tupper Lake or lake Lila for a day paddling trip in September.
Can any one who has done either comment on which would be the better.?
We like complete wilderness and Lake Lila sounds like it would fit.
Wondering is the .03 mile portage to the put in flat or a mountain goat path?

Comments

• edited July 31

Neither are complete wilderness. But timing is key and you might well find some good solitude on both.. Lilas portage has some wide steps downhill. Its entirely manageable and not a mountain goat path.. Its quite wide.

LTL has a deserved reputation for being a wild child. Its apt to kick up its heels. The sites are well separated and frankly while Lila has better beaches. LTL has better hidey spaces.

No need to commit to either till you arrive for the day. LTL and Round Pond can gobble up your entire day. Lila and Shingle Shanty Brook not quite so much but its still satisfying for me.

Camped on both multiple times. For some reason I like Round Pond the best. Its got moosey meanders and rocky inlets and a very nice beach that I have camped on for a week.

• Many thanks !
    That solidifies it, wheather permtting we'll head there

• I just looked at the little chart again and hadn't realized that round lake could be done the same day via that brook.
    That all looks good !
    I am sure it will all be clear when we get there, but would you park and take off from the LTL headquarters, or at the brook that leads to Round Lake ?

Once again, many thanks. It is always good to have informative paddlers brains to pick