$40 Werner carbon paddle on Craigslist CT.

230 cm.

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/spo/d/werner-carbon-fiber-kayak/6701277862.html

I don’t get it. Are you buying or selling? if you are buying, do it quick if it’s good deal for you. If you selling, there is classified section of P-Com.

Sure. I’m doing neither. I would buy but the paddle’s too big for me. It’s a great deal and just wanted to pass it on in case someone here was interested. No biggie.

@Doggy Paddler said:
Sure. I’m doing neither. I would buy but the paddle’s too big for me. It’s a great deal and just wanted to pass it on in case someone here was interested. No biggie.

Ok. if you see a used Ocean Kayak Revision, PM me.

Beyond dirt cheap buy it and resell it.

Given the rock bottom price, I’d want to physically check it to see if the ferrule works.

@PaddleDog52 said:

Yeah, then post it back on CL or P-Com classifieds. :wink: Folks looking to buy would be checking those places.

sing

And, discussions like this are more appropriate in the Paddler’s Place forum, rather than Advice, Suggestions, forum.

@Doggy Paddler said:

How do you know what size the paddle is?

@sing said:

@PaddleDog52 said:

Yeah, then post it back on CL or P-Com classifieds. :wink: Folks looking to buy would be checking those places.

sing

Think they’ll find one for the same price?

If I was still living in CT i would go grab it.

@Yanoer said:

@Doggy Paddler said:

I asked.

Sorry, next time I’ll post in the other forum.

It is gone but just an FYI. Werner (and any of the better ones) will cut a 2 piece paddle down for usually under $100. I kept Jim’s sea kayak paddles even though they are too long for me to have a backup set. You see a price that is cheap enough, you can make it a steal even with paying for resizing.

Thanks, great idea! I did not know that.

I ask Werner about shorting a paddle 5 years ago they said no. Carbon ikelos. I ended up liking king it after I got the Libra XT. It was 215 I wanted 210 they said no.

I remember now the paddle went back for blade replacement and they said no.

Paddledog, all I can tell you is that my husband and I had a Werner, and Epic and an Swift paddle shortened over the last number of years. Oldest probably over a decade ago and most recent was my Epic maybe 8 years ago. The Epic is foam core.

Never tried for a blade replacement. Our issue was that we started paddling when the trend fir sea kayak paddles was a bit longer than now.

@PaddleDog52 said:

@sing said:

@PaddleDog52 said:

sing

Think they’ll find one for the same price?

Maybe lower, maybe higher. Does it matter, except for the person who is looking and the pricepoint he/she is willing to pay? If someone is looking they would be looking through the CL and other lists on their own. I mentioned the cobra revision SOT above. Have been looking for this kayak for several years now through various lists and boards. In the process, I saw a listing for a well cared for WS Sparrow Hawk for a bit under $1,000. Here is a kayak that I had been interested in for near 20 years, as it was one of the few build specifically for a smaller paddler back in the day. I contacted the seller and almost made the buy, but I could not find a company that still carry the sprayskirt. Need to custom make one. The seller offered to include the her skirt in the price. Great offer. The whole situation reminded me why I started getting rid of all of my SINKs in the first place – I hate the hassle and cost of sprayskirts, paddlefloat, pump and all that jazz, for different SINKs, etc; how limiting this is when I want to bring a friend or introduce a friend to paddling and/or kayak fishing. I turned the deal down, despite the good price, because I was being influenced by nostalgia and not by decision-making on real usage. But, I am sure someone else who is on the hunt will pick it up with no help (or hindrance) from me.

However, if anyone happens to see a cobra revision, PM me. I willing to buy new but the model just ain’t available more. :frowning:

sing

@Doggy Paddler said:

@Yanoer said:

@Doggy Paddler said:

I asked.

Sorry, next time I’ll post in the other forum.

No biggy. Just wasn’t sure of the intent of original post.

Went you want to buy something you have a choice on what is available. Maybe you wait years it’s what is current if you want it. 40 is nuts. Person probably has no clue what it cost new.