Any info on the Valley Petrel kayak?

The only info that I found online is one review on p.com and the seller’s description.

Anyone know the weight? I’m guessing about 55 lbs, which would be way heavier than I’m interested in.

I’m 5’6 and 165 lbs and thinking that this boat’s fit and handling might be sort of in the middle of my Epic 16X and Current Designs Vision 130 hybrid, which are both right at 40 lbs.

“Touring Kayak: Valley Petrel, Fiberglass, 14’8”, British Built, Lightweight, Good Condition

This is a great kayak that can be paddled on lakes, ponds or rivers.
Built by Valley Canoe Products, Nottingham, England.
Length: 14’8"."

Does the seller state the year of construction? If you know that you could look up the Valley website on waybackmachine.org to at least get some information from the Valley product listing

See you on the water,
Marshall
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

The seller weighed the Petrel this morning at exactly 45 lbs.

Now I need to decide whether that’s tolerable for me and whether I want to check it out.

Marshall, I did take a quick look at the waybackmachine.org website and didn’t find the droid that I was looking for, but I may try again.

I bought it today. I’ll try it out tomorrow, if the weather cooperates.

I also bought a homemade six position trailer from him, as well.

It’s a 4’x8’ with welded supports.

He’s an ACA certified kayaking instructor and has hauled many boats for many miles with this trailer.

So … how many more kayaks do you need to fill that trailer?

An old comment, “Why do you have 4 kayaks?”
Answer, “Because I sold the other one.”

Actually, rsvenic, I have three tandem canoes on the ground behind the garage that need a rack : )

The kayak will live in the garage.

I really need to get the family to try out the different tandem canoes to see which work best for them, so I can sell a few of them

@rsevenic said:
So … how many more kayaks do you need to fill that trailer?

An old comment, “Why do you have 4 kayaks?”
Answer, “Because I sold the other one.”

I just did that. Rack was too full.