Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Swift Cruiser 16'8 Solo Canoe???

Hi,
Has anyone paddled one of these? Looks like an awesome boat. I am a fan of the Magic and this hull looks very similar in terms of its chine profile, but with a longer waterline and a bit less rocker. I imagine it would be an awesome boat. I recently saw one on top of someone's car and was really intrigued by it. Looks like it would have the seaworthiness of the Magic but with a bit more speed and better tracking.

thanks
Matt

Comments

• I found it equally attractive, and there's a similar U.S. made product on my lake paddled seated or single knee single paddle. Another "canoe tripping" site had contributors comment on the apparent inability to paddle kneeling. I contacted Swift and it does appear that sitting is the only option. My skill and power levels prefer kneeling, especially when I need to move quickly or out of trouble or in inclement weather - double or single paddle.
    Canadoe

• edited February 7

Its a David Yost boat.
    Top priority for DY is sea kindliness
    just as it was in the Magic
    That is a long ago design and DY has improved each iteration
    There were no infused gunwales back in Bell days and now there is improving gunwale shape allowing a better stroke