I like all the seasons, but there is something special...

about fall!

While the trees are beautiful as they bid adieu to summer, autumn is still the harbinger of winter’s ice and snow. Spring is so much more hopeful.

Although we don’t have much of a winter, I agree.

Fall means the beginning of paddling season.

@Rookie said:
While the trees are beautiful as they bid adieu to summer, autumn is still the harbinger of winter’s ice and snow. Spring is so much more hopeful.

e.e.'s ooh-ooh to a n i ague
(and sometimes y I dub a you)

with a spring
…once hopeful
blooming…fools
rose-colored arbor…days
that
harbor daized
…summer
shipwrecked

to fall…
line on through
…kaleidoscopic
tunnel spinning
all color…about
to go…
blank don’t you snow

Beautiful pic there, Andy! I love Fall myself, although, this year there’s been far too little paddling between illness and work schedules. But starting in September with the first peak of color the river quietens down to where it’s usually just us and the wildlife.

Even

late fall

I too like elements of all the seasons here in SC. However each season has elements I do not appreciate so much.

Spring blooms warm with bright green hope and flowers, but not the tornados that herald the change of weather.
Summer’s lush green flushed with growth is welcome, but not the intensity of the hottest days.
Falls colors and cooler weather are a delight, but not the hurricanes that come ashore to ravish .
Winter’s cold bare trees at times touched with white hold a subtle beauty, but not the melancholy of overcast days of rain.

I do look forward to the best of each season. I suspect the “but” of each season lends intensity of joy to the rest of each season.

Autumn has a wicked sense of humor up here in northern Michigan. Not paddling today. Moving snow instead. :confused:

Buts and Joy In Snow Jobs of Oy,
with firmament handshake,
Solar system spawn a steady on.
I just felt an earthquake.
Weather may not have started
this Yin 'n Yang thing,
but I believe it’s more well seasoned
than that book of I Ching.

Or as they say…

Whether the weather is hot.
Or whether the weather is not.
Whatever the weather
We’ll weather the weather.
Whether we like it or not!

Fun to be visiting Clemson from Michigan. Gorgeous sunny day in the mid 50’s today with locals running around in short sleeve shirts and still complaining about the cold and the forecast that it won’t warm up again for a few more days.

It is a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

@castoff said:
I too like elements of all the seasons here in SC. However each season has elements I do not appreciate so much.

Spring blooms warm with bright green hope and flowers, but not the tornados that herald the change of weather.
Summer’s lush green flushed with growth is welcome, but not the intensity of the hottest days.
Falls colors and cooler weather are a delight, but not the hurricanes that come ashore to ravish .
Winter’s cold bare trees at times touched with white hold a subtle beauty, but not the melancholy of overcast days of rain.

I do look forward to the best of each season. I suspect the “but” of each season lends intensity of joy to the rest of each season.

You need a new bow ornament. PetSmart is having a pick a puppy weekend that I was told to stay away from.

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

Was this taken on JBER? Six Mile Lake? Used to paddle there with the kids. I loved to see the F22’s cruise overhead as I paddled.

11/2/18. Was a nice evening, that sweet autumn evening light. Otter Tail River

@RussSeese said
Was this taken on JBER? Six Mile Lake? Used to paddle there with the kids. I loved to see the F22’s cruise overhead as I paddled

Yes

Wish I could push some of our NC autumn rain to those poor folks in California. We’ve had way too much and they’ve had way too little. Despite all our rain I do like the fall.

Brady’s Lake, Pa