Love That Winter Jetstream!

That setup brings up the longer and more moisture laden disturbances up to the northeast.

https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/2018-11-03-cold-blast-accumulating-snow-plains-midwest?cm_ven=wu_videos?cm_ven=hp-slot-2

Surf’s up this weekend! Love winter. :slight_smile:

sing

Wow… the torrential downpours today made pedaling a wild, wet adventure sport. Between crazy distracted drivers, fogging glasses, pond-like puddles and innocuous looking piles of leaves – all making it incredibly hard to discern and navigate the array of class III and IV potholes ready to swallow up an unsuspecting rider… :#

sing

Your classification of potholes is brilliant!

Downpours again tomorrow late day. But, surfable waves for a Saturday dawn patrol. :smiley:

sing (maybe surfin’ in the rain)

Two nor’easters slated for this week. Will be missing these surf paddling opportunities as I have to head out west to the inferno, normally known as California… Pretty wild and sad stuff happening out there… :frowning:

sing

Rain today, rain on Friday, rivers are all up. I need to do some whitewater this weekend.

@eckilson said:
Rain today, rain on Friday, rivers are all up. I need to do some whitewater this weekend.

Have fun. It’s ironic that I missing surf because I am in CA.

Hoping that surf shows up for the “firefest” at the homebreak on Thanksgiving morning. The record has been 8 out of the last 10 years. Fingers crossed.

sing

Mid cal (Ventura area) has been pretty damn quiet the last 2-3 weeks. Minimal swell, wind in the wrong direction (damn Santa Anna’s). Hopefully the winter winds come sooner than later. where are you for the next couple weeks?

@MCImes said:
Mid cal (Ventura area) has been pretty damn quiet the last 2-3 weeks. Minimal swell, wind in the wrong direction (damn Santa Anna’s). Hopefully the winter winds come sooner than later. where are you for the next couple weeks?

Am in the Bay area. Instead of fog, we have a smokey haze that has been sitting over the area. Kind of weird to seeing people walking around San Fran with face masks on (as is often seen in places with bad pollution, e.g. Peking). But, I do feel the irritants in my eyes and my lungs… As Gov. Brown said… “This is the new ‘abnormal’.”

Headed down to Asilomar. Beautiful surf there last year. But, as last year, it’s all work and no play (since I don’t have my surf stuff with me).

sing (the surf-less)

Asilomar!

Some sweet head plus, clean swells rolling in. Went to take a look on a break. I am just drooling…

The reef on the outside is just blowing up. Saw a SUPer in the wrong place get blown out on breaking wave (not on this pic) Holy moly…

The forecast for MassBay is trending positive. Looks like I’ll get waves on Thanksgiving morning for the traditional “firefest” at the homebreak. Mahalo!!!

sing

Sorry for NE folks who have to shovel tonight/tomorrow…