Happy Thanksgiving

Same to you and everyone else too…right now we’re in the 80 degree water flatlands with Grayhawk.

Thanks. I’m thankful for PNet. I mean PCom.

Beautiful, Thanks Chuck…
And this morn in the flatlands…

Than ks guys! Great shots to kick off the day.

Yes. Much thanks and appreciation for all that have been given.

A medley of Thanksgiving to Christmas surf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXeox074YCg&t=28s

sing

Beautiful, cool day here. The grandkids hit the beach shortly.

Love the gentle light on the snowy peaks! Thanks to all for the images and thoughts.

Thanks Chuck, and a happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

I’m lost this ain’t Florida. (Clicks heels together) “There’s no place like home…no place like home”…

Happy Thanksgiving…

A thankful day, for certain. Happy Thanksgiving to the community of Pnetters! Thanks for the photos/video. Greyhawk’s looks more inviting than the water up here that’s still liquid.
Waugoshance Island in the distance (Michigan’s Sturgeon Bay). A bit too raw (17F) for paddling today.

Don’t eat to much turkey Paris

@Rookie said:
A thankful day, for certain. Happy Thanksgiving to the community of Pnetters! Thanks for the photos/video. Greyhawk’s looks more inviting than the water up here that’s still liquid.
Waugoshance Island in the distance (Michigan’s Sturgeon Bay). A bit too raw (17F) for paddling today.

Waugoshance that Temperance
might calm sea isle-to-isle,
when windswept day stirs sturgeon play
to point in drink those mile?

And should there be no Skillagalee
to navigate there light,
I fear impinge by some Icehenge
will shore lee rock their night.

Rookie, what caused that ring of splash-up icicles? Was a boulder inside it? And is there a term for such forms?

@pikabike It’s a mystery. I thought there might have been a large rock inside since the sand in the center was depressed. Or maybe some beach walker’s creative endeavor, although I’ve no idea where the ice formations were found as there was just minor icing along the shore in a couple of places. Maybe the same person who did all the mini cairns in the same area, pictured below?

I think @canoeswithduckheads’ descriptive Icehenge is a wonderful term. Also thinking he’s quite familiar with the area by mentioning Waugoshance and Temperance, and especially Skillagalee in his lovely poem.

Icehenge is good.

Another possibility: stalagmice.

Mouse Come Tiers Club

Say cheese, in freeze,
with wave to breeze.
Mice of ice
stay, lag, so nice

A long time ago when the lake was clean
There was more kindsa formations than you’ve ever seen.
They’d pop up with glee, like the devil’s own bairn,
But the oddliest of all was the mini-cairn.

There were green Gaelic freighters and lumpy seas,
Some seasick paddlers and some Icehengees,
Some docks and rocks and accidents, but—what gets me starin’—
The oddliest of all was the mini-cairn.

I believe ye be roving year Irish, pb. Very finely, too!

Such a super community - great advice topped off with fine poetry! What’s not to love about Pnet/Pcom! :slight_smile: