Hello, Paddler!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

West Side Boat Shop, Doug Bushnell?

Does anyone know if Doug Bushnell is still building boats or has he completely retired at this point? That guy made some amazing boats back in the day and certainly deserves his place in kayaking history.

Comments

• Did you try calling him? His website is still up, along with his phone number for contact info: (716) 434-5755

• Well, if you've never talked with Doug that makes total sense. But I guess I will give him a call to see how he is doing, although a social call might not make a whole lot of sense to him. I am genuinely interested enough, though, to call him tomorrow. I'm genuinely curious to know how he is and what he's up to.

• "Well, if you've never talked with Doug that makes total sense." It's been years, so I'm guessing by your comment that the phone isn't the easiest anymore. I had a Thunderbolt X for a while and it's one that I wish I never sold!