Do you really want to sell it?

In the classified ads is a Wenonah Tandem canoe for sale $600.00, no mention of material or weight. I asked the seller about these two very important points ,weight and construction material and received no reply. Two weeks is long enough for anyone to reply and the canoe is still listed. My question is does this person really want to sell this canoe, why would anyone be so unconcerned about answering a legitimate question ? Of course I would not buy from this person now but two weeks ago I was ready to purchase and they definitely lost a possible sale by not responding.

The quest is not always easy…

Strange, I couldn’t find it on here, just a Wenonah Prism. Sometimes emails just get overlooked maybe.

Sellers are often bombarded with questions from “tire kickers”. Smart sellers update the listing as they answer legitimate questions that weren’t answered originally.

Follow up. Show them you’re serious.

The canoe is still there, 20181205 135105, Wenonah Adirondack, location Kokomo,IN. Many “tire kickers” would be eliminated if important details like weight and construction material was listed in original post, to me those two items are of extreme importance in a canoe for sale ad. How does a seller not include this info? No ,there will be no follow up.

@stumphouse said:
The canoe is still there, 20181205 135105, Wenonah Adirondack, location Kokomo,IN. Many “tire kickers” would be eliminated if important details like weight and construction material was listed in original post, to me those two items are of extreme importance in a canoe for sale ad. How does a seller not include this info? No ,there will be no follow up.

Oh, I see it now.

You aren’t going to score any deals by sticking to your principles of how a sale should go.

Sparky961. What kind of statement is that? Sounds to me like you would buy a canoe or kayak regardless of weight or construction material. I have a used car I would love to sell you since you are not going to stick to your principles on how the sale should go.

You titled the thread “Do you really want to sell it?”. A better question would be “Do you really want to buy it?” If you do, then actively go after it. If not, curse the stupid seller under your breath and move on. You’re not going to change the seller’s approach by whining about it.

There are lots of flakes on CL, both buyers and sellers. Partly, I think, because it’s free. When we used to pay for classifieds, it was more likely we’d encounter motivated sellers. Not so much on CL.

With canoes on CL, I find many sellers don’t know about the boats. They somehow end up in possession of a canoe. They are not canoeists, so they list it on CL. You can score some great deals from people that don’t know what they are selling, but you have to work for it. When all the seller can tell you is “it’s 16 feet long and green plastic,” the only way to know what they are selling is to go look at it. One clue of dealing with clueless seller is when they offer the boat with “oars.”

~~Chip

Finally someone with a reasonable response, unlike Sparky who seemed to want to be argumentative. I have sold several canoes on this site, never bought one however. I always put any info in the original ad that was relevant, length, width, material ,weight, rocker, condition, even reason for selling and I typical would have a sell within two weeks. I was just blown away at the lack of interest by the seller. Thank you for your response, I agree with everything you said.

Sure, go ahead and cherry pick what you want to see. Meanwhile ignore how he also said “you have to work for it” and “go look at it” just like I did a few times.

That’s ok. I’m used to it.

G’day Stumphouse…It is rather idiotic to post something to sell and be vague about the item. I saw an advertise for a pair of NRS whetshoes for sale and the seller didn’t post the size of the shoe. Another seller posted a Werner carbon paddle for sale and didn’t post what the model was or what size(length in cm’s) the paddle was. I suppose that is the seller’s prerogative, but what is frustrating to an interested party is that when the seller leaves an email for contact and the potential buyer contacts seller without a response on two or three replies, the potential buyer is left with: “what the…heck?”

Maybe it is as simple as your email went to their spam folder?

@Sparky961 said:
Sure, go ahead and cherry pick what you want to see. Meanwhile ignore how he also said “you have to work for it” and “go look at it” just like I did a few times.

That’s ok. I’m used to it.

Yes, I did look up your comment history and I can see why you would say, “That’s ok, I am used to it.” As far as I am concerned this post is closed on my end, you can keep on keeping on.

@pitmartin said:
G’day Stumphouse…It is rather idiotic to post something to sell and be vague about the item. I saw an advertise for a pair of NRS whetshoes for sale and the seller didn’t post the size of the shoe. Another seller posted a Werner carbon paddle for sale and didn’t post what the model was or what size(length in cm’s) the paddle was. I suppose that is the seller’s prerogative, but what is frustrating to an interested party is that when the seller leaves an email for contact and the potential buyer contacts seller without a response on two or three replies, the potential buyer is left with: “what the…heck?”
Thank you for your response.

That was the point of my post ,why offer something for sell and not put at least “some” effort into it. List important info in the original ad, answer e-mails, check spam folder( is that not a given) etc. Thanks and best wishes.

seems to me if you’d rather come here to complain than pursue the purchase…continues to respond after saying you’re done with this thread, looks up a perceived antagonists thread history yet won’t follow up even once on something that interests you…smh.

seems to me that a seller could utilize minimal intelligence when wanting to sell a product. Like give some detail(s)…Hard.

• I have a car for sale.
    —Jacket for sale. a) how about some details regarding the products. Hard work?
    —Canoe for sale. b) how about responding to emails sent to the seller? Difficult to do?
    —I have water shoes for sale. *that’s the point I believe Stumphouse is trying to make. Can be frustrating when one
    —PFD for sale. is interested in an item and then no response is forthcoming by the seller…

It’s winter, or WINTER to some .

How the Apprentice Gets Fired

“So just what is it you’re sellin’?”
“‘Pends on what you’re buyin’.”
And thus the devil in those details
shares his lowdown for weakly try’n.