Looking for Blackhawk Zephyr Owners

I just had my Zephyr totaled along with my car and bike. I am looking for an owner that would like to quote me a price on theirs. I don’t plan to buy it, just get a quote to turn in. I would not have sold mine for any price - have spent 1600 on replacing gunnels/thwarts twice. I’m at mbkircus@gmail.com if you are willing to help me out. Just make a pdf of your quote and send it as an attachment. And THANKS.

ow. I hope you are ok!
Sizeable investment you had there!
I am familiar with the boat but dont own one. I havent seen them for sale over a grand!
Hopefully Bob aka Jester1942 will chime in
He is a Blackhawk guy

The problem is that Bob will quote you a price of $200 for any Zephyr owned by someone else that he might wish to buy, and $7000 for a Zephyr that he owns himself.

I think Carl at Carl’s Paddlin in Lone Rock, WI has a Zephyr in stock.

I found one at a yard sale a few years ago that I bought for $750, including a BB bent shaft paddle. Just had to sand and re-oil the thwarts and (ash) gunwales. Don’t know what the market will bear today.

I have a virtually pristine Blackhawk Zephyr.
Anybody who wants it can have it for 900.00 dollars in cash; considerably lower than the 7,000.00 than pblanc suggests I might ask for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Pete: I’ll give you a thousand for that POS Dragonfly you have…

N0, I do not accept Paypal, bitcoins, checks or money orders, and I will not ship it to you, deliver it to you, or put it on a rack in your garage for you. :confused:

It is difficult to place a value on a canoe ( Blackhawk or otherwise), that I have never seen.
The following statement is not intended as a putdown…
I would personally consider 1,600.00 as a exorbitant price to pay for “any” Blackhawk Zephyr; no matter what condition it is/was in.
I’d guesstimate I paid 650.00 for mine.
Sorry I can’t be of more assistance. Sorry to hear about your accident.

BOB

Unless he picked another up, I think the Zephyr at Carl’s sold last fall. If I recall correctly some guy from Milwaukee bought out all the Blackhawks Carl had. (I was watching that green Zephyr… but it was out of my price range. It was in like-new condition for like-new price. Fair, but more than I could spend.) Bob’s price is better.

@PJC said:
Unless he picked another up, I think the Zephyr at Carl’s sold last fall. If I recall correctly some guy from Milwaukee bought out all the Blackhawks Carl had. (I was watching that green Zephyr… but it was out of my price range. It was in like-new condition for like-new price. Fair, but more than I could spend.) Bob’s price is better.

Great update…it was indeed last Fall when I saw the Zephyr at Carl’s. I think he was asking $1800 which seemed pretty high to me but on the other hand there was a Shadow 13 on Craigslist in Michigan and the owner called it a Zephyr and was asking $2400. Fortunately Carl’s had the ICS seat system which for me means I just can’t fit in the boat. Maybe I need to get the guy in Milwaukee’s name in case he wants to buy my two Blackhawks for twice their value!