Body Boat Blade is for sale

I am both surprised and not surprised. Anyway, if you know someone who wants to buy a sea kayaking business located in a beautiful area (though the biz CAN be moved elsewhere), go to their website for the details. There are also big discounts available on inventory.

I wish them the best of luck in their new pursuits. They are one fine team!

EDIT: Their website does not have the news, or I did not see it. However, the sale is on all month, which IS shown on their website.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/bodyboatblade/posts/?ref=page_internal

Wow. Mighty tall shoes to fill for anyone who buys the business, at least if they intend to continue it. Leon and Shawna are the lifeblood of BBB.

Some very good buys at their website. I don’t need any more gear, which is good from my wallet’s viewpoint.

Any word on what their plans are?

They leave a huge gap. But they are not so much older than me if so. I can certainly see their wanting to get more private time. Running a business like that means a lot of their day is public.

Where are they located?
I don’t do FB any longer…

All Things Must Pass … Seems to be part of a trend on the west coast Jenn sold Aqua-Adventures some time ago, used to be the best kayak store /outfitter/ instruction in Southern California. It’s no longer oriented towards “serious” kayaking and mostly a stand up paddle store now, trips and instruction are gone. I believe Jenn does some instruction on the side still as a 5 star BCU coach and she owns a store at Lajolla Shores that does kayak tours.

@grayhawk said:
Where are they located?
I don’t do FB any longer…

They’re in an ideal location of the US for covering all aspects of kayaking (surf, currents, scenery, and even ‘tranquil’ water).
Orcas Island, in the San Juan islands, Washington state.

@Rookie said:

Any word on what their plans are?

Per their email flyer: "Shawna and Leon see it as a good time to pursue their many creative ideas. Shawna is completing a 2 year degree program in Botanical Illustration and is soon to launch her on-line art website! Leon is creating and building beautiful wooden and mixed material greenland kayak art pieces that are ready to hang on a wall or in a gallery. "