I built a homemade pontoon kayak

I had a few spare hours on Sunday afternoon so I decided to build a homemade pontoon kayak out of some old plastic pontoons and timber I had at home. I filmed a video for my YouTube channel All Things Outdoors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cUWvULaXik

Great primary and secondary stability. Have you considered rowing it?

I don’t think it meets the definition of a kayak, but looks like you had a fun afternoon. Good fishing platform.

Looking good. That looks way better for stability.

I’m glad you’re enjoying your creation, but please don’t refer to it as a kayak. It’s not one, regardless of the type of paddle you use with it.

Reminds me of when we were kids growing up near Boston “Habah” .
We would tie/nail some scrap lumber together, and use a board for a paddle and have a ball.
“Assisted rescue” was helping some one else who didn’t do such a good job making their craft, and a PFD was a blown up inner tube with a zillion patches on it.
At the time we didn’t realize that we had the first SUP’s !

My brother and made one that lasted just long enough to get us across a little lake. We had to walk back

Huck Finn Style.

I don’t know the legal definition of a kayak, but in my book this isn’t it.

@Sparky961 said:
I don’t know the legal definition of a kayak, but in my book this isn’t it.

Ditto.

Enjoy being on the water and being creative, but the type of paddled used does not define the type of boat. Sometimes canoes are paddled with a double blade paddle too. I would call it a mini sit on top pontoon. Here in SC it would require registration to be on the water. Whereas canoes and kayaks do not.

“It’ll never get off the ground Orville”

@All Things Outdoors said:
I had a few spare hours on Sunday afternoon so I decided to build a homemade pontoon kayak out of some old plastic pontoons and timber I had at home. I filmed a video for my YouTube channel All Things Outdoors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cUWvULaXik

Well! I don’t know we can say this a Kayak! though its look good and did you try fishing?