Body Boat Blade broken into!

Someone smashed the front door of Boat Body Blade and grabbed as much as they could carry. BBB, is a world renown kayak retail store and training center on Orcas Island, Washington State.

I just met one of the owners last week. I stopped in and had a long chat with Shawna about my mission to learn more about safe kayaking in the San Juan Islands waters and the best gear to get, etc. Her husband and co-owner, Leon, followed up with a great phone call the following day. What a shame! Leon is having back issues and the business is currently for sale. And now this…

Orcas Island seems like the poster child for being a charming and idyllic place. Crime is everywhere obviously…

Here’s the info from their FB site, in case anyone in that area checks CL every so often. The Idol drysuit has a purple top.

“Body Boat Blade has been broken into! We arrived this morning to our Eastsound shop to find the front door smashed open and many items taken. If you see or hear about anyone trying to sell a two piece Kokatat IDOL drysuit pictured here - please call the police and report it! Call us too! 360-376-5388. The thieves must have also been in need of Patagonia Nano Puff jackets and vests and large Patagonia Black Hole duffel bags…among other Patagonia product! An ipad is missing and a few other items.”

You might be able to locate the ipad.