Boat fever strikes again.

Looks like a barge ,but isn’t. Hurricane Skimmer 140.
Weighs 52#, comfortable seat, enough leg room(a first for me in SOT) , decent speed for a 14’ boat, 52 #, handles small waves nicely, 52 #.
New boat; got $200 discount for some minor damage.
No real fever but I no longer care to deal with my 85 # boat.

1 Like

@string said:

Looks like a barge ,but isn’t. Hurricane Skimmer 140.
Weighs 52#, comfortable seat, enough leg room(a first for me in SOT) , decent speed for a 14’ boat, 52 #, handles small waves nicely, 52 #.
New boat; got $200 discount for some minor damage.
No real fever but I no longer care to deal with my 85 # boat.

Lake Keowee, SC.

Nice… Boat fever is here but the snowshovel is still operational. Well we had snow anyway today.

I always liked the Skimmers… Maybe the long camera lens makes it look bargey…
Good luck with it.

Congrats on new boat and weight loss. High vis color good for safety.

1 Like

@kayamedic said:
Nice… Boat fever is here but the snowshovel is still operational. Well we had snow anyway today.

Saw that on the news and wondered if you had been affected. Been a cold spring.

@string 85# boat? I thought you had an Eddyline Caribbean.

@kayamedic said:

Our high was 80.> @grayhawk said:

Good luck with it.

It was taken from 30’ away with my phone. A better photo.

Nice… :slight_smile:

Yeah man! Beautiful! I like shorter boats on windy days; easier to correct. It was really windy up here in the Piedmont yesterday.

I was wondering if you would buy it. I see the forecast has this week hovering around 90 in Columbia, SC.

I’m still wondering why I bought it. Because she said I could? Regressing as I mature?> @string said:

@kayamedic said:

Our high was 80.> @grayhawk said:

Good luck with it.

It was taken from 30’ away with my phone. A better photo.

Looks faster than it is.

Looks faster than it is.

Sure looks faster than say a blue one…

1 Like

I just pulled the Tarpon out to clean it up to sell. It’s sitting beside the Skimmer. In comparison, the Skimmer looks like a gaudy pool toy.
Sort of like a Miata next to an F-150.
I might have just added to the fleet, a common occurrence in this group. B)

I sold my Tarpon when I found my Hurricane Phoenix (forerunner of the Skimmer) cause it was so much lighter.
The Tarpon was the newer heavier model. Forget why I sold the Phoenix but I think it was when my Tern 14 returned. Hurricane Irma taught me to minimize so I only have the Kestrel and I can evac it with me. The Tern 14 found a great home upstate…
Even if I had the room to collect again anything left behind could be lost. Not going to let that happen again.

You can’t take it with you, in more than one sense.

Picking up a used Hobie Revo today. Hope the “seakayakers” don’t ostracized me for pedaling (and casting with a rod) rather than paddling (and dragging a lure). LOL!

sing

Just an agnostic boat s__t.

Oh, no, it’s N+1 Syndrome … same as the bicyclists suffer from!

Pretty thing, String! Wish I could afford one, but I just overspent on the Perception Tribe 11.5 I just bought–and it only cost half of yours. Maybe I can save up for a couple years. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

https://youtu.be/35BDsDd4_30

@greyheron said:

Oh, no, it’s N+1 Syndrome … same as the bicyclists suffer from!

Pretty thing, String! Wish I could afford one, but I just overspent on the Perception Tribe 11.5 I just bought–and it only cost half of yours. Maybe I can save up for a couple years. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I got a good deal because it had some minor damage that had been repaired.

Thanks for the video, @Overstreet. Great fun!