Long term storage of Kokatat drysuit?

I had a Kokatat Goretex front entry drysuit replaced under warranty slightly before I left the cold weather states and haven’t used it in a while. (kokatat’s warranty is awesome by the way. its worth it.)

Is there anything I can do to prolong the life if the gaskets, zipper, or anything else? I know the e-ptfe suit material is basically good forever, but the latex degrades semi quickly, right? Does the zipper do ok being closed (2" from the end) for that long? any tricks to extending the life of the gaskets or suit in general while in long term storage?

Thanks for any advice

Leave the zipper open. Keep the suit out of the sun and away from sources of ozone (e.g., electric motors), as ozone damages latex. Hang the suit if possible, or loosely fold it. Latex seals will still get hard over time and need replacement. I don’t think there’s much you can do about that.

Talc powder will conserve the latex.

(And I have absolutely no idea how that works. I just know that it somehow stops or slows the degradation of the latex material.)

Kokatat says to leave the zipper open.

I loosely roll my GMER and keep it in a Rubbermaid bin.

I open the zippers and hang the suit on a wooden cloths hanger, I tuck the feet up and over the cross bar on the wooden hanger from the inside out so that the feet are hanging out. Keeps it short and compact, but also leaves the air circulate around it.

@pikabike said:
Kokatat says to leave the zipper open.

I loosely roll my GMER and keep it in a Rubbermaid bin.

I have been doing the same for 15 years. I do hit the gaskets occasionally with McNett’s seal saver of 3M 303.

https://kokatat.com/pdf/KokatatDSstorage.pdf

As to the gaskets, I’ve read they should be washed well to remove any oil, etc. then dried and 303 applied. Unless you can reapply the 303 every four to six weeks, they may harden as bnystrom noted.