Weather Alert for SC and GA

Saturday broke a May record for that date in Augusta, GA as it reached 100 F, and this was the earliest recorded date for a 100 F . The area of GA and SC where I live is under a weather alert while a ridge of high pressure will be over this area this coming week. Record high temps are expected. Hasn’t even made it to summer yet.

That’s crazy. Hope you get a cold spell for some relief.

None predicted for a week . My wife and I just came back from the kid’s campsites. The sun was down, it was 93. We had the windows down and the AC on. It felt great!

100 forecasted for today and tomorrow in NE Fla.

Heat s bad enough, but along with it comes fire season. I-95 was closed, 7.5 miles, the other day when the Yellow Bluff fire was at the road.

Y’all can come to my lake… Water temp in the 50’s. High today 71. Low 39. NWS issued a cold water warning…

@Overstreet said:

Heat s bad enough, but along with it comes fire season. I-95 was closed, 7.5 miles, the other day when the Yellow Bluff fire was at the road.

It’s too early in the year for this.

Makes us want to seek swelter shelter as we retreat the heat! Right now Maine seems to be the place to be!!

Lovely mornIng here. Forecasted high of 77 today. We also have a HIGH risk of severe weather with damaging winds and possible hail starting at 2 pm. They say that we may have a dry day on Friday. A week ago we had a day with a high of 52 but that was still 2 degrees above the 100 year record cold. Remember that climate change is a hoax.

You’d like it up here as long as you leave before 2 pm.

Remember that climate change is a hoax
hmm . The warming waters of the Atlantic are a good indicator… Not your or my backyard… Lobsters are crawling north…

Are we confusing weather and climate again?

There is a reason my major summer vacation is halfway up in Maine…

We are home, a mere 2 hours north and 4° cooler. It makes a difference.

@string said:
We are home, a mere 2 hours north and 4° cooler. It makes a difference.

It is also 500 ’ higher.

@Overstreet said:

85 F. way down here almost a cold spell

I see that the ocean surface temps off Charleston, SC have raised by 4 degrees since Friday from 77 to 81. That is one degree a day!

As it turns out 100 was only 2 degrees above the local record.

OK Maine folks wise up… Frost warning. Global warming also means local extremes… Our farmers are two weeks behind. This aint gonna help.
Temps won’t go above 70 for at least until June 10

There has been concern that the Gulf Stream may be changing in such a way as to not loop across the Atlantic in the future. If it does slow down and dissipate off of Greenland because of increasing cold freshwater from melting glaciers the weather stands to change radically for Europe. What repercussions it will have for weather in the rest of the Northern Hemisphere is a crap shoot.

Roasting in Southeast Georgia, feel like I’m living Vegas. Hot and dry, property looks like a desert except where I have the irrigation system. Please rain…

Here’s a link from the National Phenology Network: https://tinyurl.com/y2wjj5l7

We’re running about two weeks behind normal as well, but in 2014 the spring weather was even colder, as it was in the 1950s per our NWS.

You southern paddlers are welcome to come on up and chill out. The water is liquid as is the stuff that falls from the sky. :slight_smile:

Rookie, we just spent a winter of rain and more rain. Showers to break this heat would be great but I’ve decided that Seattle type weather isn’t my thing.