Loon vs Otter

https://youtu.be/uNzaF6Lv_gQ

https://youtu.be/qFuwcDN0JBw

Get em Paris!

Bad otter! Doesn’t it know loons are protected by the federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918?

Paris apparently does. She’s a smart girl!

I thought the post was going to be about Old Town kayaks.

OK, post title got my attention on the pun. Neat catch! Never seen an otter try to bother a loon.

@Celia said:
OK, post title got my attention on the pun. Neat catch! Never seen an otter try to bother a loon.

The otter was headed toward their nest

Incredible videos and thank you for sharing. Paris looks all stiff and bristled up and also looks like she knows who to keep an eye on. Yawn - another loon, but watch the agitated mammal.

@magooch said:
I thought the post was going to be about Old Town kayaks.

Me to!

@“Chuck von Yamashita” I had not caught that the otter was going towards a nest. I know someone who used to do loon counts including grabbing a few and getting them into the boat to band them. He always showed up after with a load of upper body and arm scratches, and I think they bit too. Otter was making a mistake…

Enjoyed the videos!
Watched a family of mom and 2 half grown otter pups harass 2 male and 4 female Wood ducks on our pond this fall until they all flew off. One of the pups got within 10 feet of me at the edge of the pond where I was sitting. It stopped just down wind and sniffed the air then barked. They all went under and that was the last I saw of them. I realize this leaves me wide open for a sting from String!

@Celia said:
Alaska is a far cry from Horsetooth Resevoir. Would have been cool to catch this in my Pamlico 140

:slight_smile:

I wonder how many here get the reference,?

@string said:
I wonder how many here get the reference,?

Just us oldies. No it was not me

Ah, the immortal Pammie…

He should be mid 30s by now.

I’d say just reaching 30…
I miss him, but I’m sure he wont show his face here again…

I was going to ask who won, but it looks like a tie. Great video; thanks for sharing!