"Old" Wind Swift Paddle

I came across a used Swift paddle that I thought was a Wind Swift. On this one, the blades measure about 18 x 4.25 inches, i.e., very narrow blades. Eddyline paddles shows the width of new Wind Swifts as 5 inches:

https://eddyline.com/paddles/touring-paddles

I’m just curious if anyone knows if Swift made my narrower version at some time, or do I have an oddball? Thanks.

Not sure how wide mine is but I have had it for 23 years… Still one of my favorites.

@Wolf said:
I came across a used Swift paddle that I thought was a Wind Swift. On this one, the blades measure about 18 x 4.25 inches, i.e., very narrow blades. Eddyline paddles shows the width of new Wind Swifts as 5 inches:

https://eddyline.com/paddles/touring-paddles

I’m just curious if anyone knows if Swift made my narrower version at some time, or do I have an oddball? Thanks.

I just measured mine and it is 20.5" x 4.75". It’s a couple of years old.

UltraSwift They were made for a few years for Baidarka Boats in Sitka Alaska

UltraSwift - Thanks, now I know.

4.25 inches. I measured mine… It is not an Ultra… just a regular WS.

@kayamedic said:
4.25 inches. I measured mine… It is not an Ultra… just a regular WS

That’s an Ultra Swift. Pics for comparison. Yellow is an Ultra, black is a Wind. Hold onto it. Not made anymore

The Ultra that I is a 240cm. I normally use around a 220cm paddle, but wonder if the Ultras might have been intended to be somewhat long due to the narrow blades?

Ok… Back in the day there were no black Wind Swifts… Mine is yellow…Gad its not fancy but it does the job… Wolf you are probably right… its a very low angle paddle… Just after I got it I tried a GP stick which was fine but not breakapart… I travel alot with my boats and a one piece paddle is just a PAIN to transport. a 240 isn’t unreasonable. I am 5’5" and use a 230.

Love the Ultra for longer trips. I use a 4 piece 220 but the Windswift is my go to

@Chuck von Yamashita said:
Love the Ultra for longer trips. I use a 4 piece 220 but the Windswift is my go to

Mine too.