Chicks

:slight_smile:

Saw some half that size 2 weeks ago.

Careful. We had a recent thread about that kind of fowl reference for young women… :wink:

Those are Goslings.
You can tell the difference- Chicks wear bikinis !

Better “ducks” Jack

I am quite sure that the baby chicks that arrive at Agway each spring are not outfitted in bikinis.

@Sparky961 said:
Careful. We had a recent thread about that kind of fowl reference for young women… :wink:

A lot of honking about nothing.

@Celia said:
I am quite sure that the baby chicks that arrive at Agway each spring are not outfitted in bikinis.

I wonder if any here is old enough to remember when the 5 and ten cent stores sold colored (pink, blue and light green) baby chicks at Easter ?

@JackL said:

@Celia said:

I wonder if any here is old enough to remember when the 5 and ten cent stores sold colored (pink, blue and light green) baby chicks at Easter ?

Alas, I do remember

@Sparky961 said:

LOL, that came to mind as I’ve been following Race to Alaska 2019. One of the entries is Sail Like a Girl (they won the race last year - and the $10K payout) :slight_smile:

“I wonder if any here is old enough to remember when the 5 and ten cent stores sold colored (pink, blue and light green) baby chicks at Easter ?”
I don’t remember a visual of them being colored. I do remember hearing the little chirps in Woolworth’s when I was quite young. Long long time since I thought about that though.

"One of the entries is Sail Like a Girl (they won the race last year - and the $10K payout) "
It is worth noting that the women racing the boat chose that name themselves. It was not imposed on them by some stranger.

@JackL said:
Those are Goslings.

Goslings are chicks.

@JackL said:

No, but I remember when turtles cost a quarter.

@string said:
Saw some half that size 2 weeks ago.

I think the ones in the first pic are about as big as they get while still showing a little green tinge from their downy feathers. Most of them around here now look just like their parents but just a touch smaller.

@Chuck von Yamashita said:

Pretty

Sadly snapping turtles will also take out the baby swans. So maybe don’t help one across the road if there are swans at the destination. Not an issue up, their breeding territory is mostly further south except for pets.

@Celia said:
Sadly snapping turtles will also take out the baby swans. So maybe don’t help one across the road if there are swans at the destination. Not an issue up, their breeding territory is mostly further south except for pets.

No reptiles where we are

@"Chuck von Yamashita

Yeah, there should be some benefit to moving two countries and most of a continent north. :slight_smile:

@Celia said:
Sadly snapping turtles will also take out the baby swans. So maybe don’t help one across the road if there are swans at the destination.

Well, if that isn’t discrimination I don’t know what is. :neutral:

… poor nasty, stinky, ugly turtle …

Let’s Mute the Trumpets and Not Trumpet the Strumpets That Look Down On Shelled Bumpits

Swans can be nasty.
Swans can be mean.
Don’t dis on Sir Turtle,
just because he’s submarine,
and yankin’ on some web feet,
of feathered graceful debonairs,
who’d just as easily bite your ass,
with their territory grabbin’ airs.