Please help me fix my Gearlab Greenland paddle

This morning the button on my new/used Gearlab Greenland paddle did not correctly click into place when I went to put it together. It seems to have somehow slipped under the outside of the paddle. Any idea how I can repair it? Thanks.

How about a picture of the inside? A lot of paddles use something like the following image, but I don’t know what the GearLab ones use. If similar it might just need pushed back into place from the inside.

When it happened to my paddle , I either pushed or pulled it back into position.

Hmm… not as simple as my paddles. :slight_smile: The place to start would be to take that socket head cap screw out with an Allen key/wrench. Do it carefully so as not to break anything or potentially have springs go flying. Then see what’s underneath the cap.

Before doing this you might want to try just nudging the button back into place using a pointed tool to try and get some purchase on it - hopefully without scratching it up too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnvEI9ZMVDc

If you need to replace the clip: https://www.paddlerguide.com/product/paddle-clip/

Nice. I like how they’ve used the wedging action to hold the end cap.

OK, thanks, I’ll try that, but maybe I’ll first wait to see if anyone at Gearlab replies to the message I sent them. I love the paddle and I can still use it (I’d even just use it as a one-piece if necessary), so I’m wary of breaking it further.

Good approach.

Doug, thanks for the video, that will be very helpful if I end up changing the clip.

I just did a quick search and the Gearlab website doesn’t seem to sell replacement paddle clips. So I wonder where the heck I’d get one… but man, I’ve grown to love that paddle super quickly.

@Doggy Paddler said:
I just did a quick search and the Gearlab website doesn’t seem to sell replacement paddle clips. So I wonder where the heck I’d get one… but man, I’ve grown to love that paddle super quickly.

Yeah, I looked too, strange it doesn’t show it but I would think they offer it. I love their “Sea Shepherd” paddle though!! $$$ :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel really lucky I managed to scoop up the Gearlab paddle used, since there’s no way I ever would’ve bought one new. But it’s a great product. I’m surprised how much I love it. I mean, I practically want to sleep with it under my pillow. :wink:

Just do like the video shows, pull the end cap and re-seat the button where it belongs. It will probably take you longer to find a pencil and the Allen wrench that it will to finish the job.

If you were close…I would do it for you. Make the paddle usable and then look for the contact infor for Gearlab. Contact them and get a new clip. Maybe get two clips…it’s made to be a wear surface so the Ferrell doesn’t wear. good idea to never use a button that is harder than the Ferrell .

Thanks, Roym. I contacted them through the website but haven’t heard back yet. Hopefully they will sell me the clips.

Yesterday I sent you a link to purchase a new clip for $9. There is a link on their site to find a dealer close to you.
The link is in the post just below the video link I sent.

Thanks Doug - but I’m not seeing a way to purchase from that website. It seems to link to dealers, so I guess maybe I just have to find a dealer near me that has the part. Unless I’m being dumber than usual and missed some “buy” button.

Their customer service is excellent, timezone notwithstanding. If you don’t get results try contacting Chungshih through Facebook.